Shy Deer Steppes I was visiting my sister in Scottsdale.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
All Welcome 
@Arielle before the war thing gets too far ahead - date for whenever you need to <3

The fen had decent hunting, as did the forest beyond, but Lilitu found herself venturing out to the flatlands today in search of game. It wasn't necessarily an active mission, more to check out the prospects here, but she kept her nose aloft just in case something appealing and urgent arose.

Sure enough, there were deer grazing in the distance, a few does. A young buck was nearby, too, making eyes at each of them in turn. They were doing their best to ignore him, and he was getting agitated in the process.

Lilitu smiled, though began to scan the small herd for any weaknesses, individuals that would be best to chase.

It was cooling down dramatically these days, and the wind—normally muted by the trees of the fen—cut through even her thick fur. She shivered slightly, and braced herself against the breeze, squinting appraisingly at the deer.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
i'll just say set for before she and ave leave

She had ventured farther than normal, focused on her mission to learn all she could about the plants here before their war with the Saints. She was grateful for the time they had to prepare, but she also couldn't help but feel anxious about what was just around the corner. 

Arielle had caught the scent of the deer too, and had stuck a good bit away so that she could watch them. She couldn't hunt them on her own, or probably not even with a second, but it never hurt to learn more about the things they shared the area with. She could report back that they were here and maybe a hunting party could come catch a nice meal for the two packs. 

As she curved around to the other side of the herd, she caught the scent of a stranger. Something about the scent seemed strangely familiar, though, and it pulled her closer than she might have gone otherwise. 

When she had the stranger in her sights, she froze. They were older, but Arielle could still tell who she was, even after all this time. The scent made sense now—it was Lilitu. But how? Had she been here the whole time? Questions and emotions raced through her mind as she rushed forward. Lilitu? she asked when she was close enough, breathless from running and from the shock of finding her sister here when she thought she might never see her again.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
"Lilitu?"

She thought it was a fellow Brecheliant member, and turned her head, only to be completely gobsmacked by what she found. She gawked at the face before her before surging forward, hard and fast, pummeling the other wolf with her embrace as much as Arielle would allow.

OH MY GOD! she shrieked, and was in tears soon after, hawkish gaze streaming. ARIELLE! What— Oh— Oh my. . . Oh, I am just— She was lost for words, and fell back, shaking her head.

She lifted her head and was sobbing, for the wolf before her was surely her sister, the same in looks and mannerisms, and had given her name! Oh my God, Lilitu whispered, but hoarsely. Say it's not a dream. Right?

She wouldn't be surprised if it was. She'd dreamed a lot about her sister, come home.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
She more than allowed the embrace—Arielle sank into it as if she had been waiting for this moment all of her short life. Mostly because she had been. She thought about her sister often and wondered if they would ever meet again, and now she was here. 

Tears formed in the healer's eyes as well, streaming down her cheeks as her sister spoke her disbelief of the moment. 

It's not a dream, sister, she said, sniffling a little. I'm here and so are you. She nuzzled her face into her sister's neck, drawing in her scent. That only made her cry more because it was exactly as she had remembered. I didn't think I would ever see you again, she spoke softly into Lilitu's fur. Thank the bear she was alive.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
Me neither, and she breathed in her sister's smell, too, relishing each molecule of it. And as she stood here, and took in Arielle, her figure turned to cowardice.

She couldn't tell her.

She's happy.

Lilitu pulled back, eyes brimming. Her lips spoke of nothing but good things.

Deceitful.

Ought Arielle to know? But it would spoil her peace.

They parted, words unsaid;

It would weigh on her until they met again;

But at least Arielle would be happy.

Right?