Noctisardor Bypass If I send this void away
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
A little louder this time, and Laurel could make up the words just fine. She frowned as she looked up towards the wolf, and like Wylla, she too was able to deduct from vaguely knowing what wolves inhabited Rivenwood who she was facing. Of course, she knew the name of Wylla all too well; ever since Mahler had turned her down in her moment of need. It was complicated to explain to anyone why she needed him in that moment. It wasn't that she was romantically inclined towards him. It was just that he was the only man that she had trusted. She'd needed him, but in a different way. She didn't expect anyone else to ever understand. Wylla's name would always be like a blister on her tongue because it would always remind her of the moment that Mahler let her down.

Laurel decided to skip over Wylla's outburst, because hostility would solve nothing and Wylla hadn't even seen herself and Indra approach. Besides, Laurel herself wasn't exactly miss perfect when it came to language, even though she tried to keep herself back in front of the kids, of course. Ignoring it would probably be best right now; also for Indra, to not emphasise too much that there was anything to do around foul words.

She refused to live in awkwardness, so when Wylla stood and stared awkwardly at herself and Indra, Laurel gathered a brilliant smile onto her face. Good day. You must be Wylla, are you not? Then, as she nosed the top of Indra's head, This here is Indra, and I'm Laurel. Wylla probably also knew Laurel's name, as she imagined she must've been told, and they saw each other around the territory from time to time; but they'd never formally introduced, and so Laurel would happily upkeep the façade of polite and friendly Laurel while on the inside, her guts squirmed in discomfort at the name of Wylla.
Messages In This Thread
If I send this void away - by Wylla - January 07, 2022, 11:08 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Laurel - January 11, 2022, 09:27 AM
RE: If I send this void away - by Redbird - January 14, 2022, 05:12 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Wylla - January 21, 2022, 12:00 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Laurel - January 25, 2022, 05:19 AM
RE: If I send this void away - by Redbird - January 25, 2022, 03:10 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Wylla - February 26, 2022, 04:53 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Laurel - March 01, 2022, 05:23 AM
RE: If I send this void away - by Redbird - March 02, 2022, 12:19 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Wylla - March 02, 2022, 10:17 PM
RE: If I send this void away - by Laurel - March 03, 2022, 04:04 AM