Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,233 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
I think its ok!

The man was quick to speak. He knew the hunter's name and spoke of Kigipigak's wife also, which drew immediate concern from him, only he relaxed a moment later when things were properly explained.

Sakhmet had spoken of a possible recruit once before. The man gives a nod but does not look happy about it, but his seriousness has nothing to do with the man before him. His hunting has kept him away from his sons and he is eager to return home.

She is with our children, he answers Cerne. Kigipigak looks to the carved bone and wonders what such a thing could be for. He is not a spiritual creature - nor are his people - but Sakhmet was not of Tartok, she could have made such a request for herself.

Come. I will show you where we make camp. He motioned for the man to gather his gift and walk, and when they were on their way together, Kigipigak wondered aloud: If you plan to pledge yourself to our family, I would like to know why. This land is a wild and wonderful place - there are established villages who could use someone such as yourself. That said, he did not want to dissuade the man. I hunt alone for my family at the moment and another set of teeth would be a blessing.
Messages In This Thread
The Return - by Cerne - April 11, 2022, 11:56 AM
RE: The Return - by Kigipigak - April 12, 2022, 07:17 PM
RE: The Return - by Cerne - April 14, 2022, 08:15 PM
RE: The Return - by Kigipigak - April 19, 2022, 02:08 PM
RE: The Return - by Sakhmet - April 19, 2022, 03:25 PM
RE: The Return - by Cerne - April 23, 2022, 10:58 AM
RE: The Return - by Kigipigak - April 27, 2022, 02:23 PM
RE: The Return - by Cerne - May 12, 2022, 10:51 AM
RE: The Return - by Kigipigak - May 27, 2022, 11:43 PM
RE: The Return - by Cerne - June 07, 2022, 11:36 AM