Redhawk Caldera Wanna try to paint the world in a new way
Brecheliant
Family
802 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget let Sorana finish, patiently waiting while she cried, then while she tried to sort out exactly what it was she was feeling upset about. It wasn't an easy thing for anyone to pin down, let alone someone dealing with a situation as complicated as this one.

The fears about Reyes she'd guessed, but the ones that came after were entirely new. They caught her by surprise but also made perfect sense. Of course she'd be worried about getting left behind by her mom too. Especially with the addition of a new courtship in the mix.

She could relate, in a way. It wasn't the same but she'd felt left behind since the day she came back. The only difference, and the thing that probably made it easier, was that it actually was her fault. Not in a way that meant she'd done anything wrong... but in a way that made it impossible to put the blame on anyone else too.

Your daddy is strong. And if he's alive, then he's trying to come home. He helped me back, when I was stuck and wasn't able to come myself. If he needs it, I promise I'll help him too. She had searched everywhere she could think of with no luck, but she still kept her eyes open anytime she left. Hopefully one day he'd send word. If not, eventually she might assume the worst. She was willing to give it some time before she lost hope.

And if he ever tried it, he'd be the one leaving. Not you. Bridget smiled at her, but she was absolutely willing to back up the words. She didn't think Bronco would drive a wedge between Sorana and Teya, but if he thought of trying, Bridget wouldn't hesitate to get involved.

I think, personally, the pack would be a whole lot worse without you here. Teya feels the same way, I'm sure, but if you are scared about it, I would talk to her. She couldn't set those fears to rest herself because anything she said would likely just sound patronizing. Teya was the one whose reassurance would be the key, and she hoped desperately that at some point the two would sit down and talk.

But any kids she might decide to have, they won't just be hers. They'll be yours too. Your brothers and sisters. You'll get to play with them, and teach them, and be there for them to talk to about the things it's hard to talk to parents about. You don't have to consider Bronco your dad if you don't want to, ever. That's up to you. But they are your family, and you have a right to be there, no matter how much it might feel like you don't.

That was a lot. Bronco might not thank her for the reassurance, but hopefully he would understand, even if Sorana never came around. He would need to. Bridget was quiet after all of that, hoping some amount of it helped even a little bit to allay parts of that fear.
Messages In This Thread
Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - October 27, 2022, 03:35 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 04, 2022, 11:18 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 04, 2022, 11:32 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 05, 2022, 05:53 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 05, 2022, 09:03 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 05, 2022, 10:22 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 05, 2022, 10:38 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 07, 2022, 11:03 AM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 07, 2022, 12:17 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 11, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 12, 2022, 01:42 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - November 24, 2022, 12:55 AM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - November 25, 2022, 12:33 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - December 21, 2022, 11:25 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Bridget - December 23, 2022, 01:51 PM
RE: Wanna try to paint the world in a new way - by Sorana - January 26, 2023, 11:44 PM