Northstar Vale in the end we are reduced to saying it seemed like a good idea at the time
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
for @Arsenio <3

There were other amends to make in Epoch. His friend, Arsenio, had taken in his son and cared for him while Kallik was gone, and he was grateful. But it shouldn't have been that way. Kallik shouldn't have left. He had made the wrong decision, and now he would atone for his mistakes. Now he was going to be the father and husband he should have been all along. 

Arsenio was wise; he had experienced more of the world than Kallik had. He missed his talks with his friend, and he needed to talk now more than ever before. When faced with fatherhood, he had chosen to leave on a mission rather than stay in Mereo with his family. He wasn't supposed to be gone so long, but the stars had other plans or him—plans that had only broken him further. He must be cursed somehow. Or maybe he was just terrible at being someone others relied on. 

Pulling himself out of his torturous mind, Kallik lifted his muzzle to the sky and called for Arsenio. Then he waited.
Inuttuk
Common
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The voice that called to him was unexpected. Arsenio almost believed that it was his wishful thoughts grown into something real. 

The redstone figure cut toward the howl. His previous path forgotten, the Arche rushed to the edge of his claim. The man arrived breathlessly, smiling. At the edge of Epoch stood a familiar pale shape. 

Kallik had returned. 

I did not believe it, at first. Arsenio stepped toward him, nose searching the parts of the soldier that had changed in his time away. The Greek thought he knew the reason for Kallik’s visit. Nanuq had arrived at their borders, seeking a home. Had this spurred the father’s return? Whatever had been his reason, Arsenio was grateful. 

What happened to you, Kallik? Where have you been? Glacial blue eyes were soft on his friend’s face.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He didn't know how much he had missed his friend until he actually saw him. His chest tightened with feelings he couldn't put words to. He let the other man's shrewd gaze look him over, wondering what questions he might have. 

Of course, the questions he had, Kallik wasn't ready to answer. He hadn't even been able to tell his own wife what happened to keep him away so long. I cannot talk about it yet, Kallik offered after a moment. But it was not my choice to be away so long.

How is Nanuq doing? he asked. He was curious to know Arsenio's perspective. He was worried his sons had suffered the most from his absence.
Inuttuk
Common
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I hope you had a great holiday. <3

Come in. Let us find some place to talk… somewhere for you to rest for a while.

Arsenio motioned for the pale man to follow him into the vale. He knew of a place where they could hunker down beneath the trees, away from the snow. It would give them solitude to speak. The redstone wolf was not certain how long Kallik wished to stay. He imagined that the other man was worried for his son. Nanuq had been quiet, secluded. Arsenio had not wanted to push the boy. He thought that the young one would need space.

I think he is hurting. I think he is looking for peace the only way he knows how.

The mercenary frowned softly to his friend.

I believe he misses his family. Honestly spoken, but it was not pointed at Kallik or his absence. Bad things happened to good souls all the time. It was fortunate that the soldier’s sons were safe, even if they were not home.