Redtail Rise Battle of the Gods
Pledged
Dragonspine
902 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Her mother was clearly pleased by her initiative. Avicus wanted to take part, which might require reworking her plan of attack. Masquerade considered how to utilize the Wealda’s extra experience and strength to best the brutish old badger.

She thought back on the time they’d hunted groundhogs. Would a tactic like that work here? There was only one entrance to the badger’s set, she knew. Masquerade chewed thoughtfully at the inside of her cheek as she deliberated.

I think we should stick to my original plan, Masque decided in the end. We wait for him to appear. He always comes out at this time of day to patrol the area around his den. We rush him when his back is turned to us.

They were in for a wait, though it shouldn’t be a long one. Sometimes he didn’t come out for his midday foray if the weather was poor, though it was only overcast, with no sign of rain. Masque settled into a crouch, bending an ear toward the mouth of his lair to see if she could hear any stirring from within.

There was nothing yet, so she flicked her eyes to her mother and asked, Is there a rank for a wolf who wants to be a provider? I like feeding my pack mates and looking after them, especially the young ones, and, just lately, any expecting mothers.

Hooray! Congrats again!
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 01, 2023, 10:22 AM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 03, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 05, 2023, 02:18 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 08:00 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 08:21 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 08:36 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 08:43 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 08:50 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 08:57 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Avicus - February 08, 2023, 09:03 PM
RE: Battle of the Gods - by Masquerade - February 08, 2023, 09:15 PM