Redhawk Caldera Gentle one, how kind of you
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
All Welcome 
In her maw she carried a rabbit, she had just caught. And she headed towards the mother to be, @Teya. She wasn't sure why she hadn't forced herself to meet the quiet female before, but she had wanted to at least say hello. Because she would be responsible for making sure this woman's children were safe soon enough. And she had seemed so kind, when she had met her a few days prior. This bad business with the young wolf Chickadee. That was nasty business and it hurt to think about.

She made it to the outside of where the she wolf slept and chuffed to announce her presence, but she kept a respectable distance away. There was the promise in her voice to leave if Teya wasn't up for visiting.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
snatchin this!

He kept close to his dad. Respectfully close, anyway. He didn't want to disturb Bronco and his new bride, though he certainly was curious about her.

But when the call went unanswered for a moment, he chose to butt in.

Hey, he told the dark woman, giving her a smile. I'm Killdeer, Bronco's son, here for a visit. Is that for Teya?

He wasn't sure why Teya had heeded the summons, but no matter. He padded closer, glancing toward the dark of the dens. I'm sure she's busy with something or another, getting ready for the kids.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Okay <3 :D *waves*

Amalia blinked when a leggy boy with a cape of red and belly of white came to the den mouth instead. A small light lit up her eyes, as her tail thumped against the ground in greeting. She settled the rabbit to her feet.

yes it is. You have sunflower eyes!

She dipped her head down in greeting. I'm Amalia Willow, I well live here. She shrugged shoulders with a pleasant look on her face.

So you're gonna be a big brother. Excited?
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Sunflower eyes. It was one of the best compliments he'd ever received, and he beamed upon reception, tail wagging.

Thanks, he replied. Amalia Willow, he noted, and smiled. 

As for the big brother thing. . . I guess, Killdeer replied, trying not to grimace. It's kind of weird. I always assumed my parents would have kids. . .together, you know? But I'd love a little brother or sister, sure.

He took the opportunity to drag the rabbit close to Teya's den and then moved closer to Amalia with a grin. She'll get it. Walk with me. Show me around.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Her smile grew in size when his lit up his whole face. How sweet.

You're welcome.

She made a soft pout. Oh goodness I'm sorry. I'm new. I just kinda assumed. Yea. Sorry that would be very hard, and you must be so torn about it. Not cool.

She sighed softly, but then smiled as he moved closer with a grin and a request.

Sure. I'll take you to the lake. It's so pretty, and the forest is nice too, and there's all kinds of hilly places. Do you know how fun it is to go to the top of a hil and roll down it. It's just the bee knees. Come on.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He shook his head, letting out a pffft. It's fine, Killdeer replied. I've gotten used to it.

As for showing him around the caldera. . .

Uhhh. . .I was born here, actually, he said, chuckling. I said that just to get you moving. But hey, why don't you show me your favorite parts of the place? Maybe that hill?

He was curious to see what other wolves were attached to, here.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She chuckled at his words and shook her head with a gentle whuff, and then tip tapped towards the lake. Though then he threw another wrench in her plans.

She gave a soft gasp of delight and then poked at him with her paw. Listen you, shyster.

But she wasn't upset not really. Though she was a little disappointed that she wouldn't get to see the delight on his face when he saw something new. It was always so lovely to see that on others.

She nodded and motioned him to follow her towards the trees with the red tops near the dam. It was so pretty and the way the water looked and glittered. She loved it.

What was your favorite place?
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He shook his head. Not trying to be a shyster, he promised. It's been a while. I've forgotten.

But he stood and thought, upon her question, trying to summon memories from the depths of his mind. A long ascent—horrible, to his young legs—but the view was unparalleled.

The. . .hobbit hole, he replied, or that's what my cousin called it, once upon a time.

He gestured toward a rise to their northeast, smiling. You game? We climbed there when I was a kid. Great views! And there's a den, too.

He wondered if anyone had taken it over, since Towhee had left.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She tilted her head and narrowed her eyes to study his face, but then she nodded with a smile. Alright.

The hobbit hole? What on earth was a hobbit? What's a hobbit? is it like a disfigured rabbit? She wrinkled her nose in thought.

Yes I am game lead the way. then she weaved her tail in delight. Excited for a new adventure. A hobbit hole and a view and a den. She had yet to fully find a place of her own, maybe she'd like it enough to stay.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He shrugged. No clue, he replied. I mean, the name. It's the den my Gramma used when she was here. I have no idea what 'hobbit' is. Just another one of those things that he'd taken for granted.

Killdeer led her up the slope, making sure to slacken his pace to allow her to catch up.

Once upon a time, Caracal had raced up here with young, pudgy Killdeer left gasping in his wake. No longer. The young man took the climb in stride, breathing steadily, his lungs well adjusted to the altitude thanks to Mereo.

Almost there, he told Amalia, glancing back. He recognized the area; it was flattening out, a little.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia nodded along and followed him a soft smile on her face. Aren't granma's fun? Mine was one of my best friends for the longest time.

She went up the incline, it was a hard climb, and though her limbs felt a little shaky her breathing was alright. Thanks to the years of scouting and ranging and running. It had made for strong lungs.

What do you like to do for fun?

She made conversation as they went, happily tip tapping along. Enjoying the view as they went. The gentle burn of the air. It was pleasant.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He nodded, grinning. My Gramma is so important to me, he replied. I love her so much. He gathered his strength and breath and summited the last of the climb, eventually moving into the Hobbit Hole.

A depression in the earth where Towhee had spent her time, raising kids. 

He realized he hadn't paid much heed to her question.

Oh, sorry, Killdeer said. Fun? Uh. . .exploring is fun? Nah, to be honest, I didn't have much of a life as a soldier, he admitted, shrugging.

He began to sniff around his ancestral old haunts, curious.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia's granma was probably still back with her family. She missed her. But it was one of those things, where she would remember her in fondness.

It's nice to have that relationship. I'm happy for you!

Killdeer had taken the time to answer her, though now she noticed he was distracted. But it was quite sweet, so she simply watched him with a gentle fondness. He was probably reliving memories here. And that was simply wonderful.

His word choice immediately concerned her. Was Atreus alright? Though this wolf would know him as Icarus.

You are from Mereo? A boy I adopted as brother/son type relationship is from there. Is everything alright, there?
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He nodded along and eventually sat with a muffled thud, sending a little dust in the air and staring into the sky. Only when she asked another question did Killdeer return his gaze to hers, and his head tilted slightly, thinking.

What's his name? he asked. No—I mean, Mereo is. . .gone. The Imperator left, and the pack disbanded. So—yeah.

He gave a sigh, shuffling his paws.

He'd much rather talk about this place than the canyon, or Germanicus, or the drama that had ensued. He was happy in his birthplace, and here was that calamity interrupting once more.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She saw his discomfort and pulled a face and nudged him kindly. His name is Icarus, but we can talk about something else. I'm sorry to bring up something that caused you turmoil.

She gave a soft hum sound and then nodded as she looked around. What types of fun things did you get up to in here in this hobbit hole?

She was giving him an out. A way to talk about something else. She hadn't meant to cause him such distress. She felt bad for it now.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Don't be sorry, he said quickly, shaking his head. Please. . .it was complicated. And it's over. No sweat. He shrugged, then snapped back to attention upon absorbing that name. I knew Icarus. Dunno where he is now, though.

He'd dispersed just like the others, most likely. Killer's motivation had been helping his mother; he hadn't spared a thought for any other Mereo wolf. He hoped the young man was okay, though.

As for the Hobbit Hole. . .

Well, this was really my Gramma's space, he explained, smiling. I wasn't up here a lot. But occasionally, Caracal and I would—

He broke off, loping away to pinpoint places he and his cousin-uncle had romped, showing Amalia. The two of them had a smashing time upon the heights of the caldera, and Killdeer had found a friend.

fade here? <3
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Green eyes gazed over his face taking it in. He did seem to fully mean that she wasn't to apologize. She still felt guilty though. She hadn't meant to bring up bad memories. Especially where there were so many good ones. She hadn't wanted to mar that beauty for him.

Amalia dashed after him, listening and learning about the different things he had done. Some had filled her heart with bittersweet emotions as she remembered her own antics with Austria and Alaric and others brought tears to her eyes a she laughed so had, she honestly thought she may pee herself.

OF course thank you for the thread. <3 we should have another sometime if you're game