Stone Circle ACT I, SCENE III
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
All Welcome 
Ikaros is crossing the border therefor im embracing any IC consequences that may come his way!

Under the guize of silent moonlight a dark figure swept through the land, their two toned silhouette blinking within the shivering grass as clouds passed the ever-bright moon above. Having shed any dignity he had long ago, the boy harrowed over the pack boundary.

A warning sign felt heavy within his stomach but he paid no heed to it. A larger pain- gnawing and leaving his body frail and thin had more importance. The sickening smell of rot and decay drew him in with the promise of a meal, an offer all too tempting to chance fate. 

Silently, cautiously Ikaros would tread the grass folding down around him, ears perked for the faintest of noises.

Each curve, each rock, each divot taken with care as he sought for the source.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar was old, but he wasn't dead and at the first breath of another pawstep across his border and then further. He flew forward with a snarl, full body contact if he could. Teeth seeking the ruff and to slam whoever it was to the ground and hold.

There had always been breadth to his stocky frame even as an old man. And he would ignore the protest of muscles and bones to seek violence against an invasion to his home.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
The snarl of another alerted him, if not for their thundering paws.

Turning, Ikaros threw himself to the side, narrowly avoiding the weighted attack.

With fur puffed and tail raised the boy faced the packwolf with an aggressive demeanor, eager to seem bigger. His pale blue eyes- striking in appearance against the darkened air sought to lock with slate. No hatred nor anger would be found there, only fear and uncertainty.  

"I don't want to hurt you-" Ikaros hissed softly through clenched teeth, worried a louder voice may draw others closer.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar had seen the puff and tail before. He was raised by a viking after all. No one scared him, no one. He growled and circled.

Should have thought about that before you crossed the borderline boy.

Gunnar readied himself to chase again. He saw the fear their in the boys eyes and the uncertainty, but he had came into land that was marked. That couldn't be just thrust aside. There were rules.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
Boy.

Ikaros swiveled his ears back at such a title, irritation crawling up the edges of his malnourished face. His brows pursed, his mouth in a firm grimace. Such a word stung deep, though the young wolf would never agree.

"Don't make me, old man." A growl lay deep beneath his words, voice tightening. 

His  stance widened, and without taking eyes off of the Kvasheim wolf Ikaros sought to side-step them with a large berth, his long limbs treading softly through the grass.

If he could just get to the carcass he may be able to tear off a piece and run... 
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar stared at him, fully taking him in for the first time. He was skin and bones, barely held together and Gunnar knew they had a cache nearby. Perhaps that was what the youngling was after, but still he had came across pack lands.

A decision. Warring between two things. What should be done and what could be done and no easy answer. He thought of the faces of the wolves that lived among them. Of the children.

Then he decided. I have fought wolves larger than you. And I am older than you obviously. You could hurt me, but I could hurt you just as bad, if not worse.

Gunnar's steely gray eyes went narrow and dark and his face turned harsh and unyielding.

I will allow you to eat, but you must stay with us for a time to work off the debt of crossing in to our land and trying to steal our food. And if you wish to stay after your period is up. So be it. Make a decision. You have seconds.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
Ikaros paused, blue eyes widening. He did not expect the older male to yield, let alone offer a meal.

A silence passed through then, shrewd meeting the cold and calculating. He nearly snorted in disbelief! "What makes you think I can be tied here? I could simply take a meal and run— you couldn't catch me." A true statement, but not one Ikaros could see himself carrying without guilt.

"I'm not a pack wolf. I'm not built for it," not anymore.

"Besides, what makes you so sure your leader and packmates would accept a theif among their crowd?"

Excuses—plenty of them to hide the desperation, But none could conceal his ragged appearance.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar shrugged a shoulder. That would be a peace you'd need to make with your own conscience and your own gods if you have any.

Gunnar snorted. You're as terrible a liar as you are a sneak. Perhaps you just haven't found the right pack yet. months, days, years on the road can make you question that, but it's not true. It's just your own self doubt, crippling you.

An amused look lit up Gunnar's face. Seeing as how I am the leader.... He curled his tail up over his back and chuckled. And who am i gonna tell that you tried to steal?

Gunnar looked to the stars. Just a little longer to decide young man.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
Ikaros held back the urge to roll his eyes. Cursing to the gods—old and the new here. They were nothing but nosy deceased beings, meddling into futures they had no right in. 

He's sick of fate.

Opening his mouth, Ikaros meant to combat the man's words but was silenced at the realization of who he was talking to. Instinctively his lightly colored tail dropped at his hocks, his head lowered slightly in guilt.

"You're too kind, really." His voice was nearly a whisper, and if anyone asked it was only to not make a racket. 

Ears flicking back, the boy pondered about the option; Desperately wanted to deny the generous offer. His stomach, however, chose to make itself known within the silence. Nervously, he chuckled.

He couldn't turn down food- not when he was so in need. 

"Sorry for uh... the disrespect," He had half the mind to blame it on hunger. "I'll stay to repay my debt. But nothing else— I promise you."
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar had no idea what the boys moral compass was, or who he followed. Didn't care if he didn't follow anyone and his morals were terrible. All Gunnar cared about was whether the boy could do what was asked. Could hunt to make up what he ate.

Gunnar eyed him, his smile deepening slightly at the boys loud protest of hunger. He gave a soft nod.

No apology necessary. We do rash things when we are young and hungry. Come on then.

He made no comment on the boys promise, just acknowledged that he had given it. That was not the way of Gunnar. The boy would stay or he wouldn't. Gunnar would do his best to share his caring nature with the youth as long as he was among them. Maybe make him realize a few things.

Do you want him to stay a longer or title him in Kvarsheim?