Greatwater Lake I'm pretty enough, so follow me!
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Private 
@Sunspots :D

Recovery would take time. Time! Plenty of time! Though, time would pass and she would feel much more lively and unwilling to sit still. Time! Too much time. Time she no longer appreciated. Fine then, she'll nip time in the heels.
 Her head sprang up, and she moved out from the sand she'd nestled herself in. Those squinty eyes and that cheeky smile darted about. 
Finally, she moved away, moving forth from where she previously resided until her eyes had locked down on one being in particular. The little omega boy! Yeah, that one!

Stopping, her tail swished invitingly, dipping her head and offering that dorky grin. Follow, she offered! Follow me, follow me, follow me! 

I'm pretty enough, dammit, follow me!
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots wasn't sure what was going on. A wolf, the new one, wanted him to follow her. Sunspots didn't know what to do, he didn't know if he should obey her because of her rank or something else…
He gave an involuntary grunt, as if he was thinking. That wolf had something that attracted him, something that forced him to do what she wanted. No, it was not because of the hierarchy.
Sunspots lowered his head a little warily and inched toward her. He had never seen a female like this, so confident, so…he didn't know how to describe it.
Her fur stood on end, not with anger, but with a kind of electricity that coursed through him. He felt defenseless next to her, but at the same time alive and powerful.

YouTube Channel: Sunclaw (Narrated videos of wolves and pups. Updates from Yellowstone Wolf Packs)

[Image: sunclaw.gif]
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Swish, swish, swish, had been a consistent rhythm her tail met. It did so now. Lifting her head up nice and tall, the little imp waited for him to be just close enough before taking a turn.

Whether or not he continued to follow was on him, but she expected so. Turning her head back to him as she slowly trotted along, she looked his figure up and down, be it from afar or up close, wherever he may be. Should he not have continued to follow along, she would have stopped in wait. If he did trail off with her, then farther away they would go.

His name! Oh, and he had pretty fur. With the twitch of her nose, she snuck his scent up her nose in what went from subtle to blatant. "What you called?" Then came the twitch of her ears, and the abundant amount of glistening in her eyes.
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots followed her like a cub following its mother, alert for any action the female might make.

When she spoke, Sunspots instinctively lowered his ears and looked around her. Khaba hated wolves to talk, and would scold him severely if he found out, but Khaba was not here now. In front of him was a female, and Sunspots would do anything that female asked of him.

"My name is Sunspots" he replied, blinking as he met her eyes. With no other wolf he would have done that, but she wasn't like any other wolf, she was unique. "And what is your name?"

YouTube Channel: Sunclaw (Narrated videos of wolves and pups. Updates from Yellowstone Wolf Packs)

Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
It helped not that she had little learned her lesson. Legend could run her mouth off all day long if allowed; though, she picked up on the silence. Silence that seemed unwise to break. So, she would dance off with Spotssun! Sunspots! The two S's muddied in her mind. She would need to be careful as to not verbally mix it up, if not for her own sanity of needing to jumble her tongue all up in bunches! That got confusing for everyone. It mattered if she was confused more than they were, of course!

Then she would not stop leading him off to edges of the territory if she could, if only to play with him. Should there be consequences of that for him later, or even her, then that would be a story for another time. Time she gave no attention to in the moment.

"Sunspots? Sunspots handsome name! Of the sky? I k-" K...K... Sometimes she hated 'k', audibly harshening the sound, though not stopping because of it spare for a quick hack, "Called Legend. I am messenger. And Sunspots?"
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sunspots repeated the name in her mind. "Legend, Legend" was the most beautiful name in the world! at that moment he forgot his name, his history and how to talk. He felt like an inexperienced puppy.

He looked at Legend, not knowing what else to say. He wagged his tail, annoyed with himself. His mouth felt dry and his words awkward, as if he had forgotten to speak: his last real conversation had been with Selena.

Selena… Sunspots had a hard time remembering who Selena was. At that moment he could only look at Legen, as if hypnotized by her eyes and her fur. He felt as if he were prey to a cunning snake.

Returning to the present, Sunspots noticed that Legend was looking at him, as if he was waiting for his answer. To hide her embarrassment from him, Sunspots licked his fur and tried to remember what Legend had told her. He remembered the words "handsome" and "sky".

"Mmm…yeah, the weather's great…" he said, trying to remember her words.

Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Sunspots must have thought the weather awfully handsome.

He was shy and reclusive. Nearly submissive. Whether or not he was truly, she could not tell. This though, likely, was the result of her being a newcomer. No assumptions were made, and the strengths of Sunspots were not dismissed nor expected.

"Does Sunspots speak often? Great Water silent as water, and I quiet as falling leaf." If one took her tone alone, they'd take her last addition of dialogue seriously. She yanked on her own tail with it. Falling into a playful bow on their way, her paws splayed out with her tail waving about. Entice him, comfort him, open him up to see she gives signs of friendliness.

"If you might be so unsettled to do so, then I talk for you?" She next gives words of option, to coax him into an opinion. Should he not be, then she would adjust and shut her trap more willingly with a painful vine. Painful, painful vine, but she would, and she would mold to his decision! His wants! Though, she nearly offered it challengingly. A challenge he may or may not have taken, as if questioning his abilities. Neither choice was wrong; though, she tried to make him prove her otherwise to gage him. Might he show her he is confident, or will he hand her reigns?
Sunclaw
48 Posts
Ooc — Sunclaw
Sorry for taking so long to reply! Writing this made me nostalgic, haha

Sunspots looked away from the wolf. It was true that Greatwaterlake was a silent pack, but in truth, all wolves spoke when Khaba was not around.

The rule of keeping silent seemed to be followed only by Khaba's sons and Khaba himself. Sunspots felt a sudden fondness for Legend, despite the fact that she was practically a stranger to him.

He wanted to always be with that female wolf by her side, in the pack. Hunt with her and... The wolf tried to push those thoughts away. A female would never feel anything for an Omega, no matter how hard she tried. Why try? Legend was beautiful, poetic, joyful...

Instead of responding, the wolf grabbed a branch from the ground and began to draw a (rather crooked) line in the dirt in front of Legend, then blurred it by throwing dirt with one paw. The meaning would not be revealed, just as he had with Aliki.

It was his way of communicating, his way of understanding the world: simple things. Because beauty was in simplicity.

Suddenly, he raised his head and looked at Legend with concern. "You said you're a messenger. Does that mean you won't be in the pack for long?"