Wheeling Gull Isle For the wages of sin is death
36 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All Welcome 
aw but maybe @Malakai ?<3
He prayed.

By the ocean shore, drenched in scent of salt and sea, he bowed to the faceless God. His fur is wilted, eyes marred by the calloused steps of the forsaken. They were lost, oh, so profoundly lost. They were lost. Judah had been lost. Caracal, lost.
Heda, lost.

His pleas echoed through the tumultuous silence. He prayed for her safe travels. That her children might grow strong, mighty. That Caracal may be now freed of pain. He prayed, oh, mighty God, to guide them through the tragedy of their misfortunes. He yearned for her to rediscover the radiance of His benevolent light. Redhawks, who had found him and took him to nurture, who His good graces took him to, now abandoned their sanctuary. It is only him now. Only Malakai. Child. And they are-- gone.
He must think fast.
Messenger of God
99 Posts
Ooc — Vami
At only five months old, Kai was not your expert hunter. As he had taken up his studies in the word of God and had practiced his guarding skills with his father on patrol, he was even less of a hunter then perhaps his other siblings. Luckily, he lived on the coast. Had he needed to hunt rodents, birds or hooved creatures, he would have been screwed. Yet the tide pools each day as the ocean water receded, provided easy fishing and crustacean remained plentiful. He was on an all white meat diet, these past five days alone, but had only thinned just a bit. 

Now, on the sands around the edges of his island home, he spots another. Kai freezes a moment, his hackles raised. At first he thought him a trespasser on his lands and wasn't certain what to do about it all on his own. Yet it is Nakano. Still here on the island- there were now two of them! 

Malakai woofs to the grey and sand man, tail high, head high but his tail waving all the same. Nakano. He tries to keep himself held up best he could, despite his age, despite his tired eyes ridden with sorrow. He had to be the man of the family now... well, there wasn't exactly a family here anymore. So, maybe Simeon was really the man of the family, wherever they were. 

Why have you stayed?
36 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Torn and ripped at his ends, from every action his blood had done to him. To themselves. And the eyes of God? He mourned, that so very easily they could be destructed. To not try until end. To not love until end. To not pray until end.
Caracal paid his own tax, by his own hand.
Saran would spend each day praying that his soul would find way through the fires of a berating hell, and onto a beastly heaven. That his walking spawn would not follow in his steps, and see the way that was sin; the way that it broke all.
Purgatory would be cruel.

Malakai.
He rose.

To the sea, he looked to the waves. The crash of life.
Heed.
Your blood relinquished my sufferings when they took me from the ground of violent waters and lifted me to life.

And when the waters stilled, he casted the dreary, tired boy his will.
But it is God who allowed their prayers to be heard. God who placed me here upon your shores. It is he who lets me now look to you. So I will stay where he let me crawl so one day I may learn to walk. It’s a thunderous day, Malakai.” Until the waves roared again. He felt all. “Why do you stay?” He wished to know, if Malakai wished to tell. For yes, a child, he was still a being. Still a soul. Until God bids them part, Malakai was his in spirit as he was his too. As they all were.
Messenger of God
99 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Nakano rose and spoke of the day Malakai had found him on the shoreline. How God had brought him here, to this land, to these people and so he would stay and grow and learn. Then, the question was passed back to him. 
My parents had told me once, they were sent here by God. That with their hard work, with their paws and teeth and words, God worked through them to make this a holy land. A sanctuary for his people. The boy took in a deep breath, taking in the scent of salty breeze and lavender blooms where his father was laid to rest.
I have witnessed what sin and filth lie upon the mainland. His muzzle crinkled and he did not clarify. So many did not believe him, for they were just children. Children which had brought evil into their home and ripped them from the inside out. I want to stay here, rebuild this temple, even if I might be alone for awhile... But it seemed, he would not be.
And to simply put, This is home. 
36 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
A world buried in secrets. Scarce of the holiness drilling behind their eyes, and sin that filthied the waters with soot. Reach must those who wish to ascend to greater. Be greater. Learn better. Not turn into the foul creatures spun from hell, and bring it to their world.

Through even death, there was life.

"I will teach you." Certain. "To live. Not just of God. To not be casted to famine. Should you let me, if it is your desire, you will not learn alone. But it will be very hard for you, Malakai." He must've been exhausted. Even hungry. But who was he to tell him that he would not experience the world in his own way, no matter how hard it was, if that was his wish of light and life.
"You are capable, but you are still young. Your body is not meant to be prepared. But if this is your desire."

Malakai buried deeply into his chest, and even more did he say it with him,

"This is home."

He would not be moved.
Messenger of God
99 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Can end here if you'd like?

I will teach you. Not just of God. After all, Malakai knew much about God, thanks to his mother and father's teachings. He studied, he listened. He had taken it seriously when perhaps the other seven children had not. Malakai did not waller in wonder if God was listening. Of what God might say to him- do for him. Instead Malakai focused on what he could do for God and knowing the bounty he would have returned for his love and loyalty. 

Nakano would teach him how to live as wolf, as mortal, before God would take Kai to his eternity. To track, to hunt, to fight even. He could not rely on his parents to care for him now. It was only he and Nakanao and Kai must learn quickly. 

It would be very hard.

I was told Malakai means 'God's messenger.' My father... His throat tightened. He had baptized me in the name Malakai Michael, to be one of God's warriors as well. His paws shifted across the sands as he spoke, trying to choke down where his emotions were getting the best of him. I might not be ready, but I am ready to learn. 

Kai didn't know if one day Nakano might decide to run away from the island when trouble came around, like those before him, but would take the man's help while he could. He would not take advantage of the time he had with him. 

Once, Malakai had found him and in this, saved his life. Now Nakano just might so be saving Malakai's own. 

Home.
36 Posts
Ooc — Neoma

To be a wolf.

Should the world burn at their feet under that command, and should Malakai, Messenger of God, wish to ascend to his title in great, Nakano would teach him. There were things that came with the walk of God; more than simply praying. Than simply following their commandments of wolven life.

It was to see the world for what it was.
And perhaps one day they would baptize it.