Wheeling Gull Isle So then, let us rid ourselves of everything
36 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All Welcome 
Chucks!!
No one stayed in the island of the lost.
For every soul that met eyes with them, another left.
Gone again.
Gone once more.
Gone.
Nakano searched for @Malakai until he was settled at his side. It was them. Though, he knew what he had in him to be true- family, they grew hungrier. They grew colder. They grew more isolated. They grew more alone.

Something had to change.

"Malakai," in his voice, a greeting. "I want to talk to you about something." He'd wanted to for a long time. "I want to hear your voice on it. Your opinion." He may not like it. 
Messenger of God
99 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Malakai pressed his side into Nakano's own. It was not an often thing that he allowed others to touch him, nor bothered to touch others. But it was just the two of them and they were cold and they were tired. The winds off the ocean came from all around on the island, swirling salty cold. 

Yes? Kai felt he already knew what it would be about. Felt that Nakano may suggest they needed leave their island home. Kai questioned it too. Malakai felt he would stay or die trying, but was this foolishness of a stubborn boy trying to hold onto the past? Or was to give up truly failure in the eyes of God?
36 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
"We need to consider whats best for ourselves." What was best for Malakai.

His head rested over top of the boys for a moment, his eyes closed tight, and he wasn't so blind as to not know that Malakai may have known where he was going.

"Our food." Scarce. "Our water." Salty, being clung to by the other wildlife. "Perhaps we should go on an excursion. A mission. To learn of our neighbors. To perhaps share the word of God to those who will listen, and rebuild ourselves." He knew a move would likely make Malakai revolt. So, he tried to find an answer that wouldn't be abandoning their home. Even if it may have been what they needed. "What do you think of that?"
Messenger of God
99 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Malakai's jaw clenched as he hears the words. The exact ones which he had been expecting. He would have been disappointed, had he not been thinking the same. After all, it was just Nakano. Kai was learning, practicing and he waded through the tide pools for food day and night. They were surviving, but this was not living

Malakai knew when he died (as so many others around him already had) his spirit would go to God, yet God gifted him with life. One which he should not squander and take advantage of. 

Nakano spoke of a misson for God and the ears which once had flattened down when Nakano rest his head on Kai's own, perked up once more then. 

We could... He murmured, the wheels beginning to turn in the boy. God's people have found their path here before, like you... But there are many others. Many we can teach and help them live a righteous path... The boy's thoughts came allowed as they spoke. They needed to go if they were to live, he knew this, but that did not mean abandoning home forever and maybe, maybe leaving would do them good- do good for himself others

Where would we go first? I don't want to go far from the sea... He admits, a grim line forming of his lips. There was a woman who came before- Heph. Her pack is Moontide, near the coast. We can try there?
36 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
tag for ref/visibility!<3
"@Heph." A name he did not know.

The little rise in Malakai's ears was enough to ease the tension he'd felt before. He knew that would get him. A bit of pride--a bit of joym
He knew that, also, Malakai knew little of his coming to Sweetharbor. He would not lie to him. "I do not know much of what lies beyond our sea. When the tides took me to our shore, I had fallen from a coiffeuse very, very far away. I do not know how long it was that I swam. I fell under the waves often," for long times. "And I have stayed here since. So, we will be learning--together."

"We do not have to travel far. Only as far as we are comfortable."

Moontide. Moontide. He did not know Moontide. But what was there to decide on other than a yes or a no? They also had little to offer to them, but perhaps they could make allies. But they had trades from their island. Deer that often got caught from the landbridge. "Heph... If she was kind and you believe her people may reflect that, we can try there."
Messenger of God
99 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Nakano did not know the mainland. Not at all. His journey to this island had been one made by the sea. It was by God's will alone that he survived being in the tides so far and for so long. Neither of them knew their way. On one paw, it was frightening knowing they did not know of the mainland world yet on the other three paws... there was a comfort knowing Malakai was not allow in his fears, his uncertainty. They were in this together. 

Something which had no longer been so for his family. 

Okay. 

It was decided then. They would leave the island. They would go west, as Heph had said. They would see if Moontide would house them until they may return to their house of God. 

Tomorrow, we will go. Kai spoke as he lifted back up onto all fours to dismiss himself. He had to pray to their safe journey, for his confidence and God's strength. He had to one last time huddle into the back of his birthing den, to tell @Rilke goodbye and promise he would return to him. He wouldn't give up on his brother. Not like the others. Not ever.