Hushed Willows [m] I just wanna feel something, tell me where to go
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
278 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Maybe @Kyrell if you're open for a new thread? <3
She avoided both Reverie and Boone in the aftermath of her argument with the former, certain they'd tell her to get lost after how harsh she'd been. Whatever. Mae didn't need them anyway — and if they did kick her out, that just meant she wasn't bound here by debt anymore.

Mae found herself atop the meeting ledge where the leaders had gathered them not so long ago, standing at the edge and trying to picture what it would be like to address the whole pack from there. One day, she thought, she would have her own place. And they wouldn't have a stupid meeting ledge. It would be way cooler than that.
Moonglow
Iota
60 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Of course <3

So he was a punk now, huh? Not the the first time he'd been called that. But this time? Oh this time he was a punk with a purpose! It didn't draw a laugh from his chest but he exhaled sharply through his nose. A wry smile dancing upon his lips.

Ah, well. It just meant his skill set was all on the table.

He paced through the willows, reaching the clearing with its ledge. His ears piqued as a shadow caught his eye. The youngster sat atop the ledge. What name, now? Mae... or...Wayfarer? Well he'd just have to find out now wouldn't he? She was also one of the bosses' punks.

Without breaking stride he veered to butte and picked his way up the slope. He made no effort to conceal himself, she likely saw him first from the high ground. Instead, his voice raised as he hollered his way up to her, Is it scenic up there, little mite?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
278 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She wasn't alone for long. One of the wolves she'd seen at the meeting appeared, some dude. What was his name again...?

Oh yeah. Kyrell. Mae squinted down at him. You're the little one now, She declared, tail lashing. Ya look like a damn beaver from here. Dam. Beaver. Had Mae possessed hands she might have pointed finger guns at him. Instead she grinned. Dunno if I'd call that scenic.
Moonglow
Iota
60 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Kyrell clicked his tongue. Beaver, huh? You folk here can't seem to decide what I am.

Cresting the ledge, his paws touched down upon the grass. He looked Mae up and down before snorting. I'm little? He extended a paw, first leveling it at the height of her shoulder before raising it to match his own. That's a bold statement from someone as short as you.

A glimmer danced within his emerald eyes. But, if "little" bothers you, Mite, I suppose I can spare you. You seem bugged enough about something during that meeting earlier, anyway. A self-satisfied grin settled upon his face.

Clearly, they both were hilarious.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
278 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language & mild suggestion
Her triumph was short lived as Kyrell joined her on the ledge, highlighting the way he towered over her. Mae snorted, amused in spite of herself by his wordplay.

Which part? The melodramatics from little miss center of attention or our esteemed alphas eye-fucking each other for the audience? She rolled her eyes as she spoke, and went on without waiting for an answer. I like 'em well enough, I mean, they saved my life. But that meeting was a mess. Didn't need to be freaky tall to see that.
Moonglow
Iota
60 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language & (unspoken) blatant suggestion

His smile grew as she betrayed an appreciation for his joke. It stuck to his face as his ears cupped towards her. Mae was, in fact, very bugged by the previous meeting. Sure, he had seen smoother gatherings. But Boone was able to get some information out to the forming pack. Interruptions aside.

Well if you ever find someone to be sweet on, you should inform them of your clear distaste for public displays of affection. Though I do suppose that was a bit much for a formal meeting. He conceded with a shrug. To him, Reverie and Boone were clearly honeymooners. Making big plans for the future and putting the work into it. So long as they kept the actual fucking private, he could look past the shared looks.

Glancing away from Mae, his mind returned to the meeting. The distressed woman. Reina, was it? As for melodramatics I doubt the girl—I think her name is Reina—meant to cause a disruption. She did ultimately excuse herself, if you were paying attention.

Kyrell sat down near the ledge, tail thumping against the dirt beside him if Mae wanted to sit too. All things considered, we do know what the bosses expect of us now. Worrying about the hiccups on the way is just asking to turn gray at a young age. I'm sure Boone and Reverie will work out the kinks in time.