Hoshor Plains sweet grass
Brecheliant
Family
304 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
All Welcome 
Though Kukutux’s camp had been set, Seal felt there was not a moment of respite. She was determined to work her hardest and prove to her family, her pack, and the Moon villages that she was a wolf – a healer – a young woman full of promise. After all, there would be plenty of time for fun once the hunters returned and the work was done.

She steeped a precious tea of chamomile and lamb’s ear with @Reverie under @Kukutux’s guidance. Then, Seal poured it into a turtle’s shell and made her way to an intersection between the camps. Here, many wolves would pass by.

She adjusted the rabbit’s fur across her shoulders. “A drink for strength and a calm mind,” Seal would say to any hunter interested.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph passed through and between the camps as she did her best to host well. She would help where it was needed, lifting and giving directs for she had scouted earlier, and also providing what she knew of the plans for the hunt as well. When she passed by the intersection between the camps once more she saw a familiar face. "Seal! It's good to see you, how are you and Moonspear?" The young wolf had also travelled to Muat-Riya and the coronation of Akashingo's pharaoh. She held something which smelled faintly bitter, but mild and offered "a drink for strength and a calm mind." Heph felt her nerves, felt her excitement and her pounding heart and took it with a hearty thanks. "I'll need it. Thank you!" It tasted odd to her, she had never had it before, but in time she would feel a steadiness in her limbs and head. Enough to give her a much needed edge in the hunt ahead.
Brecheliant
Family
304 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
“Heph, it is good to see you!” Seal welcomed Moontide’s beta with a terrific smile. Ever since their journey to Muat-Riya, a hearty respect and admiration for the coastal woman had grown in Seal’s heart. Heph was an excellent diplomat and leader; calm, collected, and assured. Seal could only dream of being like her someday!

“What an amazin’ gathering, this is,” she commended the gunmetal woman, knowing that it was Heph who had organized the event. “Moontide’s name will be talked about for many years tae come.”

She pushed the turtle shell towards her. “Dinnae fash, it isnae like the cactus wine at the coronation,” Seal laughed. “Tis an herbal brew of chamomile an’ lambs ear – a wee, fuzzy silver-green plant.”
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"Ha! Well you have to be careful of drinking too much too quickly of that as well." Heph laughed but took the advice and sipped slowly the portion given. It was much easier to swallow, subtler notes coming out and she forced herself to complete the task slowly, not letting either her excitement or nerves control her completely.

At the mention of the gathering she grinned, a small shake of disbelief going through her head and ears, but she was glad. "I never thought so many would come, I've traveled a bit but even I didn't know there were so many in the wilds." And not even Akashingo, Muat-riya and the packs to the south that Rodyn had mentioned at one point, she blanked on the names (although he would know them as Swiftcurrent Creek, Riverclan, and Kvarsheim). But eager to hear how Seal was finding the gathering she queried, teasing. "But with so many wolves around have you met anyone interesting? Scheduled any duels?" A twitch of her nose and light in her eyes. Although perhaps competitions of strength and combat were more common in her natal pack than at a gathering such as this.
Brecheliant
Family
304 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Heph was in awe of her success! Seal admired her humility.

“Duels!” she guffawed. “Nae, I’m not much of a fighter. One time, I spared with a boy from Moonglow and he won so easily!” she laughed, heart full, at the memory of her childhood. Now, she had completed her coming-of-age ceremony and walked the path of a woman.

“I am helping Kukutux and Sialuk, my mentor, at the healer's camp,” Seal explained. “I have met a few wolves there… Reverie and Reina of Hearthwood, Amalia of Brecheliant…” Seal hoped to learn lessons from each! “The hunters all seem very focused,” she observed as her eyes scanned the groups of wolves. "There is a certain... energy... in the air."
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph laughed along easily with the other wolf, glad to hear stories and anecdotes about life, especially in Moonglow, Moonsong, and Moonspear. "Fair enough, I'm not much of a fighter either, but if you wanted Towhee is in Moontide this winter and I'm sure if you visited she could teach you a few moves to box the ears of any boys you'd like."

She nodded her head, Amalia and Reina were unfamiliar names to her but she had now met Kukutux, Sialuk, and Reverie before and recognized. Though she hoped she would not need to stop by the healer's area for any dire business she was glad to hear that a few wolves had gathered. She wondered if Aminthe from Moonsong had not come but did not dwell on it. At the mention of the energy in the air she nodded her head. "When you know there will be a chase your body and mind get ready even if it is not time yet. The rush of the hunt makes us faster, stronger, reckless, but it can be...overwhelming with all the energy in the body and nowhere to go and with so many wolves here." Though she had not meant to go on for so long so close to the hunt and her eyes blazed, a slightly distant look as she watched not only the hunters but the signs of bison in the distance. Even with the drink to center her she still felt it. The desire to run and chase and let blood and dance with a death that would be short coming to those not fast enough, not strong enough, to cunning enough in the face of their adversary. And with those desires so high in many wolves all gathered together, the energy feeding off each other, for they were pack animals and the hunt of one was the hunt of the pack, she could feel it, did her best to temper it with her own experience though in many ways she was still a brash young hunter.
Brecheliant
Family
304 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
“Yes,” Seal agreed when Heph observed how one’s body could react to anticipation. “I can understand that. Sialuk has told me this is a unique gathering. Seems like no one had seen this many villages come together in a long time!”

There was a lot to gain, but also a lot to lose. However, if they worked together then they could grow their success exponentially. “I have been told you are leading a hunt?” Seal asked. “My Da, Njord, is huntlead, too. Who will you be hunting with?”
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph nodded in confirmation. She hummed thoughtfully, trying to recall the names that Rodyn had mentioned and the faces she had seen. "I'm not sure if Rodyn's finalized it, but the names I remember are Arrluk, Valiant, Raindrop, Phox, Mireille, and Matteo. I've hunted beside Valiant, Phox, and Matteo before and Mireille is from Sapphique, but I don't know much about Arrluk and Raindrop's hunting approaches." She spoke plainly. While Arrluk had seemed serious but not unskilled, a promising young hunter and one who would only grow in ability, she had not seen him hunt recently and Raindrop not at all.