Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Limit Two 
... @Talisman. y'know. for reference.

kusuma-fire is on

also, forward dating to 2/6

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: ... heat.

Fire.

She woke up one morning and instantly shuffled to the back of the den. Her tail tucked between her legs and darkwoman made herself as small as she could. 

Her breath was quick, shallow, and slightly panicked. 

Only once before had she experienced a fire inside her, one that no matter how much she drank, she wouldn't get rid of. 

Kusuma-fire had drawn all manner of strangers to her the last season. Her skin prickled and her fur stood at attention. No, not here- not in the middle of all of the wolfs - who knew who'd come through that entrance?
i'll be your mother and i'll hold your hand
you should know i'll be there for you
Harta is welcome in all threads!
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
After a night spent meandering the lower reaches of the mountain, Talisman climbed a little higher to seek out a good place for a nap. It was very cold, which tempted him to worm into a cozy space of some sort, but the sun shone brightly. Perhaps he could find a good spot to sunbathe? His pale eyes combed the nearby mountainside, trying to make up his mind.

Then a smell wafted into his nose that shoved sleep from his mind entirely. The young coyote followed it like a fish slowly reeled in on a hook. It led him to a small den among the rocks. He ducked his head to peer inside. It took his eyes a moment to adjust but he knew perfectly well who was tucked in the back.

Kusuma…

He’s shooting blanks until the 6th, in case you want to update the timestamp. It’s totally up to you. :)
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
She shivered, eyes darting back and forth - it was as if she had seen some sort of spirit and did not wish to see it again. Her belly burned and her paws felt like she was standing in inferno. Not here, no - Kusuma-love had kept the strangers away and she wasn't here to keep the dark coyjackal safe from the wolfs that were everywhere. 

Fearscent mingled with the firescent and even she couldn't tell which one was stronger. 

Holding herself in a tight ball, she licked over her flank and down her leg in a hurry, as if it would help mask her. Stay calm, stay hidden, she was coyote- invisible, silent, a mystery.

But the huntress couldn't help but whimper softly to herself. Her ears then twitched, and Kusuma nearly jumped out of her pelt and straight up in the air, a yip of alarm coming out of her. 

Talisman?
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The yip was so unexpected, he startled and retreated hastily. Talis didn’t go far, her scent as strong as gravitational pull. Yet her reaction had his heart pounding in his chest, his pale eyes shifting uncertainly.

What’s the matter? he eventually called toward the den’s mouth, not daring to venture closer or even look inside.
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
It was at times like this that she forgot her friend was indeed, a man

And his breath smelt like spring, his fur looked soft, and he was comfort in such times. Kusuma-fire. she stated quietly, and plainly, as if Talisman knew what 'fire' in women was. She didn't know, not really. But darkwoman had never been this close to a man at times like this, and she could not tell what sort of knowledge he had. it returns and Kusuma wants not for the wolfs to find it out.

Her eyes pleaded for help - how did she make it stop?
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
You mean your heat? he said, brow furrowing. I’m not sure you can stop anyone from finding out. The smell is pretty strong. But if you don’t want to be bothered, I can stay out here and keep watch?

He didn’t know if he had the strength not to pester her himself, though Talisman thought of her cry and the fear in her voice. He would never want to push Kusuma (or anyone) against her will. He would do his best to be a gentleman.

But I’m gonna need to stay out here, the young coyote said, partly to himself.
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
No- she started, but then felt obligated to finish the sentence. Talisman can come in. Kusuma... doesn't want to be alone. 

Not when he was standing right there and she was in here. 

She picked her way along the edge of the den and poked her head out the entrance. ... Kusuma has never had man around during fire. darkwoman admitted softly. 

It feels nice.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She invited him inside. Talis yearned to join her, yet he deliberately took a seat. He needed to keep his distance if he wanted to keep his wits about himself. He could still keep her company from here.

Then her head popped out of the entry. Talisman jumped. He very nearly scurried away. But her scent filled his nose and he couldn’t get his muscles to move. He whined under his breath.

You should go back inside or your smell will draw attention, Talisman said through gritted teeth. Please, Kusuma.
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
... Kusuma has Talis attention - this one make Kusuma feel better. it was a half-truth. Being around him made her yearn to be held, but he did not make movement toward her. So she remained by the entrance, though the coyjackal did retreat into the shadows.

The tip of her paws and nose still lay in sunlight.

Her belly lay across the dirt, paws tucked under it loosely as she again tried licking herself free of the scent. 

It was some time before she spoke again, as softly as possible.

Kusuma has... no kin - Kazakir disappear before Kusuma and Talis did, and Kusuma-ma and -da sleep back across big lake. Does Talis... have kin?
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She didn’t do what he asked. It required a monumental effort for Talisman to peel himself off the ground and move a few yards further away. He wondered if holding his nose and breathing through his mouth might help matters.

They remained silent for a while, Talis preoccupied with regulating his breathing. Then Kusuma tried to make conversation.

Kusuma, Talis said rather nasally, I can’t concentrate on anything but the way you smell and trying not to smell it.

An idea suddenly hit him. Was Sialuk back? Talisman thought the head could provide comfort and guidance to Kusuma, without feeling as compromised as he did.

Do you mind if I call for Sialuk?
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
he is trying so hard -

Maybe darkwoman's mind wasn't right. That had to be it! There wasn't another explanation that made any sense.

Oh, firetime was among the worst. She tried her best- would Plants help? But... she couldn't remember what the coywolves used. Now was a fantastic time to be forgetful. 

But Talisman wanted to call the lead wolf- the idea frightened her a tad, if she was honest. 

... no.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
To his relief, she said no, she didn’t mind. Talisman heaved a great sigh, then plugged his nose and drew in a deep breath before throwing back his head. He yipped for @Sialuk, the slight urgency more on his own behalf than Kusuma’s.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Talisman's call was distinct from the wolves in her village. His voice was a high whine upon the wind, with a quality one might call haunting. Sialuk plucked her way down the mountain, coming upon not just Talisman, but Kusuma as well. The smell of her powerful in its own right. Perhaps there would be more children upon the mountain than her own and Elentari's after all.

Kusuma lay just inside the ulaq, with Talisman looking rather tense outside of it.

Salutitsinik, she greeted, casting them both a questioning glance. Do you seek permission for family?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
I'm sorry but the hormones and her own low self-esteem are meddling in ways that make my heart hurt to write :cri:

She'd given permission for the leadwolf to be called, but her eyes still screamed that this was hard to bear. 

A shivering glance upward. 

Kusuma doesn't know if Kusuma can have a family - o-or who would... want... her for one- 

Kazakir disappeared.

Her mother and father were who knew where- across that big lake and far, far away - 

Why hadn't they kept her safe? Why hadn't she stayed with the coywolves?

A whimper. 

Kusuma doesn't even know how to calm kusuma-fire.
184 Posts
Ooc — Kat
As soon as Sialuk came, Talisman threw her a grateful glance. He wanted to leave then, though her question arrested him. His lips parted, pale eyes darting over to Kusuma.

Yes, he wanted children. But in her fearful withdrawal, Kusuma was like a child herself. Talisman refused to take advantage of someone so utterly vulnerable.

I’ll be nearby, he said, bowing his head and scurrying somewhere where he could escape temptation.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Talisman gave her a thankful glance, and she did not balk at his decision to leave. If Kusuma was still unsure, it was best if he made distance between them. Sialuk listened as she explained her delimma, a pang in her chest for the small woman who had so much fear in her heart.

Sialuk settled into a sit, knowing the sensation with a renewed memory of her own that Kusuma went through. If you do not wish for children, you may stay close to my ulaq. Elentari and I will keep the men away, she offered. But. If you wish to warm a bed with Talisman, and bring more children to this village, they will be raised among other children here, together, as brothers and sisters.

The starwoman fell quiet then, giving Kusuma time to reflect and respond.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Kusuma sat up a little straighter, tucking her paws under her tail. 

Kusuma never share bed with a man, before. Most of coywolf-pack were women - Kusuma-love was woman, before. But now Kusuma has nothing but memory. her voice was quiet, as if she had vowed to never speak it. She felt so small.

But Kusuma wants family, after losing her own. She's just... scared. Of wolfs, after wolfs raid coywolf-pack. Injure so many, almost kill love. Moonwolf swear to Kusuma that no wolf here will hurt her? Or any pup she may have, if she lay with man?

She had to know- 

It was important.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Kusuma spoke quickly, a jumble of words about her past, but it was the question that mattered, and it was that which Sialuk could sooth her hesitation. Village Moonspear is safe for you—and your children, she promised. Talisman would be father to Sialuk's children, and perhaps now also to Kusuma's children. All children born this year would be surrounded with fierce protection from the spear's inhabitants, the starwoman knew.

Go, she said, be with him.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
The Tribe
Family
158 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Kusuma's head turned to him, but her head turned back to moonwolf. Kusuma doesn't know if Talisman will have her- a soft whine escaped her. 

Would he? 

Or wouldn't he? 

How many other coyotes prowled about? Kusuma would never take a full-wolf as a father to her children, or at least not without a lot of self-confidence and growth. They were already to be half-and-half as it was, and she hoped any children she'd have would be less afraid of wolves than she was at the moment. 

Is... Kusuma worth more than her fire? Does moonpack hold place for her? If not - Kusuma isn't sure... anywhere does.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
You will not know until you try, Sialuk said. You will be welcome here, as will your children, for as long as you wish. Your worth will grow the longer you stay, the bond becoming deeper with the village through time. The head gave her another reassuring smile, then gave her a gentle nudge where Talisman had disappeared.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO