Moonspear then you really might know what it's like
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Private 
The bride price was arranged in front of the Ulaq shared by Sialuk and Elentari. His eyes swept over the pelts—the exhilaration he had felt at taking the hand of Sialuk—of the promise of the future he held with these tow women.

The disappointment in his mothers words and eyes when he conveyed what his life would be—the harsh words spoken and the set of her beautiful features.

The realization that he did not live by the law of his mother, but she wasn’t entirely wrong. He had wanted to believe she was—until he came home once more, and during her heat, Sialuk wore the scent of many men and proudly.

Men that would be known as father once more.

The title of husband reserved for him—a title only. For all others would be father.. lover.. friend.

His heart ached as he crooned out for @Elentari and @Sialuk. For what could have been, and in the end, what was.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Elentari had not been far when she heard Argent's voice call out to her. To Sialuk as well. She turned from her task of searching for herbs, to keep their stores well stocked. Much was on her mind lately. Centered largely around her son and his recovery. His physical wounds healed. His mental one's would take longer. In time, perhaps she may coax him from the mountain, little by little.

When she traveled down the path leading to the shared ulaq between her and Sialuk, Argent was there waiting. Her eyes lit up at the sight of him. Of the father of her son. Of the children to come this season.

Only it was not to be.

The dark Archer was blissfully unware that her life (and Sialuk's), was about to be turned upside down. Unlike her pale lover, her season had not yet arrived. And while her feelings had morphed towards Alaric, she had never taken any action on them. Only contemplate and wrestle with them. Her adoration for Argent remained yet unchanged. 

She might have detected the faintest trace of some other wolf on him, but it went completely un-acknowledged, were it there at all. Instead, she approached with a high, loosely waving tail. Perhaps he brought news of progress in tracking down Acrux's attacker. 

"Argent..." She dipped in close, reaching to clip his jawline with tender kisses. "It is so good to see you." She breathed out, unaware that anything had changed.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Argent's voice called, and Sialuk did not hesitate to answer. Their meeting outside the village had been brief, but productive. She was eager to see him again, to let him know that she had seen the first signs of what was to come. Again, he would be father to her children. Her heart ached with joy at the thought, and she rushed to greet him.

Not only this, but the arrangement of skins and the large elk hide laid before the ulaq were a sight to behold. The price she had wished for, and the price that would join their hearts.

Sialuk kissed each one eagerly on their cheeks when she arrived, her tail freely wagging behind her. So long it had been since all three had come together, but she felt no time could separate them. Her heart was at ease. All was well.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He had considered many scenarios in which he would speak of to the women in his life—none of them seemed any easier than another, and in turn, as both responded to him and came forward, he could feel the heart aching weight of this choice and what he had done. But he knew whether it was now, or later, it would never be easy.

It felt as if he was about to sever one of his own limbs… And in truth, he almost wished that was, instead, the pain he was about to give and endure.

Kisses given—Argent swept both women in an embrace individually—the lingering touch given in knowledge that this would be the last—that the love they looked upon him now was going to dim and become something else entirely.

But he could not shy from this, and so the man studied them both, despite the sadness that enveloped him. He already knew he would not bring about Eshe—hurt enough would be given at this point… Why allow it to sink further into ruin?

“I… I came to say goodbye,” he offered. Sorrow laced his words, pain highlighted his features, but there was resolve, there. “I love you both. I love our family. I can only do this because I know the children have…” Everyone. A dozen fathers. “They have many fathers in their lives.” A sharp exhale—one of the true roots to his feelings, but again, nothing he would dwell on. “I went to visit my mother. Something within called me to her—I found her on her death bed.” His jaw tightened. Ketzia had been the light in his youth—the only parent he had, after a certain time. “She was quite… colorful… in her opinion of my life…”

He paused, blinking, trying to keep his eyes from becoming distant with the memory. “I’m needed back in the Grove.  And I’m going… I thought my love wasn’t a jealous one. I’m ashamed to admit that it is.”
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Argent, the father of their children, had not come to reunite with them. But to say goodbye. The words struck her. Elentari stood, wide eyed. Shocked. She didn't know how to react. Not at first. 

He needed to be back with his ailing mother. She could not fault him for that. But what about her and Sialuk? Maggak and Acrux? All the time he had put towards fulfilling the bride price? He would turn his back on them so easily? There wasn't some other way?

Elentari would never know the real truth. That his heart was for another woman. She stepped back, slowly, her expression un-readable. The light in her eyes faded. She would not hold Argent here. In this last moment, any of her lingering attachment to him was severed.

"Go. Be at peace with yourself and your mother."

He was not the man she thought she knew. With a kiss to Sialuk's cheek, she turned away to disappear down the mountainside. She did not look back. Only forward, to a possible future with Alaric, free of guilt.