Ouroboros Spine I never really cared until I met you.
Moonglow
Delta
189 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
Ciri's brief venture with Valiant and Kyrell had served her well, and she returned to Moonglow with a lifted spirit. She no longer moped along the outer reaches of the village but instead immersed herself in it, delighted to share her company with any who might accept it.

She'd been preparing to seek a comrade to hunt when the familiar voice of @Chakliux rose to request the Sunman's attention. Ciri paused to listen, curious to know what had brought the seal hunter straying from his wives (and new children, surely) by the sea.

There was no longer jealousy in her heart for the she-wolves who laid claim to that of Chakliux - only a a tremor of fear that their friendship had been unable to survive the intensity of her feelings.

The swallow lurked, hopeful that he might look for her along the lakeside when his business with Aiolos was concluded.
"And then the world started to exist again,
but it existed very differently."
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
having torn a dewclaw on his fast journey from moontide, chakliux went down to the lake to soak his feet while aiolos spoke with the moon woman. it was there that the huntress would find him, swearing in seal as blood and dirt swirled away from the torn flesh.
"ciri," he greeted pleasantly all the same when he glanced up, albeit with a bit of sheepishness that she had heard him. "are you well?"
Moonglow
Delta
189 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She had heard him, but took no offence. Ciri greeted the seal hunter with warmth and enthusiasm, joining him in the shallows with a friendly sweep of her tail.

Well enough, she said, seeking Chakliux's bright eyes for a fleeting moment before she blinked down at the water surrounding their ankles, what've you done to yourself?
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"ran too fast!" chakliux hooted lowly, splashing more water up his ankles. "i have learned my lesson."
he rolled his shoulders, glowed with a thought! "raiyuk has earned his scars. kukutux cut them. i thank her for that."
a faraway look glinted in his gaze; he thought of the sea ice and a sprawling village there.
Moonglow
Delta
189 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She shifted as he splashed at himself, moving to avoid stray droplets, but her yellow gaze never strayed from him. Ciri let herself explore his face with her gaze; her disappointment had run its course, and while she no longer sought a future with him she could still appreciate how handsome Chakliux was.

His talk with of Raiyuk, his son of the previous year, and there was pride in his tone. Ciri let her smile bloom, though she did not understand the meaning behind them. Scars? Like those that darkened Chakliux's snout?

So... congratulations are in order? Ciri offered, a little sheepish, and her ignorance of seal hunter tradition showed. What do the scars symbolise?
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
her beauty shimmered in his eyes for a moment. "yes. it means he has killed his first seal alone, beneath the water." as his limb ached somewhat less, chakliux left off the gentle splashing. "it is dangerous, ciri. he did well. now he is a man."
a pause. he let out his breath with a little exhale. "it is odd, to have him grown."
Moonglow
Delta
189 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Ah, she said, intrigued. So to slay a seal as a yearling, by oneself, served as a passage to adulthood. Ciri's sunshine gaze lingered on the darkened markings of Chakliux's snout, wondering how many attempts he might've made to kill such a creature.

A great test of courage and strength, she imagined, for the sea did not belong to their kind.

Chakliux commented on how odd it felt to have a child grown. Ciri smiled through the ache she felt, for having missed out on the building of a family of her own. Perhaps if she'd stuck around there would've been a mate to come home to this year and cubs trailing at her paws.

I can only imagine, she answered smoothly, gaze dropping to spot a little fish grow brave enough to dart between her ankles. You'll have new little ones to occupy you by now, though?
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"five!" his laughter still held the surprise of a father bestowed with so many blessings. "two girls, kilalurak and puffin. three boys, chagak, sirmiq, and sea hunter." his eyes glinted as he thought of them now, growing in curiosity and gait.
"i assumed raiyuk would be gone already, traveling into the world as a new man. instead he built a new lodge and he has stayed," and his pride and relief glowed now, a father reflective.