Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
All tags are invitational, not obligatory! :)

The pups were showing more and more interest in the world that lay beyond the den’s mouth. They were still a little too small to venture out there, though Raider sensed they would be ready for their first walkabout soon. Before that happened, she supposed she ought to get around to formal introductions with @Dagur and @Goldeneye.

Assuming a sphinx pose just outside the dugout’s door, Raider peered inward at @Riot, @Rowdy and @Ruckus. She then turned her head the other way, squinting against the brilliant glare of June sunshine as she waited to see if any of Dragonspine’s three adult men might appear nearby.

Before, only one of them (@Riley, in case that wasn’t obvious) would’ve been permitted. Now, the other two were welcome as well.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Dragonspine
Scout
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
Dagur felt that he had made a great decision in joining Dragonspine.

While Raider and Riley tended to their youngest members, he had taken up a dabbling in skills. He roamed in search for more bodies while mapping territories. He protected their home feverishly when he was here, though. Watching the skies had fallen a bit away from him now that he had more confidence.

Besides, in the summer sun there was hardly any reason to go staring up at the bright sky to burn his eyes.

Instead he sniffed around the inside territories of their home and wondered if he might find something hiding within to preoccupy him. He had not expected to see Raider outside of the den but...well, she had to come out sometimes right?

He barked out warmly and his tail set to a steady wag behind him.
experimental writing with this character
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Raider’s long tail thumped when her wishes manifested none other than Dagur. She rumbled a welcoming note when he barked, flicking her head to invite him to come nearer. Though she did feel some measure of nerves inviting a non-relative so near to her offspring, the Alpha female trusted the man who’d willingly pledged himself to Dragonspine.

Dagur, I’d like you to meet Riot, Rowdy and Ruckus, she said, pushing into a sit to afford Dagur a better view inside the dugout.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Dragonspine
Scout
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
Him?

Closer?

As if instinct demanded it, he lowered himself. Careful as if one of the babies might be small enough to already be underpaw! Yet as he neared and peered inside at the trio he felt some immediate nerves subside.

Riot, Rowdy, Ruckus.

Good names. His tail had practically become a rapid fan behind him without his own control. They were not his children by any means, but he felt the pull to provide for the future of Dragonspine.

Should bring, mmm, trinket. Toys.

But she was the mother! So he looked to her to see her decision on such an idea. Were they old enough for bones and furs?
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
She was rather proud of their naming convention, so Raider beamed at his comment. Her tail continued thumping on the hard-packed earth in the den’s doorway as she peered inside. Had the pups even noticed their guest? They were apparently too busy rassling.

Raider nodded when he brought up toys, saying, Anything hard would be ideal. Their teeth are coming in. Just make sure it’s not too small, otherwise it’ll be a choking hazard. Oh, and you can always bring them meat from the ole belly basket.

Her head tipped, wondering if Dagur would hesitate. Regurgitation wasn’t exactly pleasant. It also meant less food for him. But should he want to provide in this way, Raider would certainly welcome it.

Dragonspine
Scout
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
He decided he would go fuss around the higher spots where things might have passed or been long since discarded. If nothing was freely available there then he might go sniff around the valley and glacier.

A large bone would be best. Maybe something they could all hold and fuss over together! That was bonding in the eyes of Dagur, it seemed.

But...

Belly...basket?

He was momentarily confused and his inexperience with these important stages in puphood showed clear now.
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
She couldn’t help it. Raider snorted a laugh through her nose. She supposed she could explain it to him. It was quite likely he would understand if she did. But this kind of thing sort of called for a demonstration.

Like so, she said, glancing at the tussling pups again.

The sound would surely grab their attention. Raider leaned forward slightly, making several rather godawful hawking noises before bringing up a puddle of meat slurry. It spread at her feet, prompting the Alpha female to spring to all fours and move away from it.

She scooted closer to Dagur, taking a seat beside him. Her elbow brushed his shoulder as she looked down at his face, trying to read his expression.

Dragonspine
Scout
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
It was like birds.

He watched with a nearly solemn look as she emptied her last meal out for the children. There was something incredible about it, if he extended large thought to it. Yet as it currently stood he still had just witnessed Raider throw up food for her children.

But it kept them alive. It kept Dragonspine strong.

Dagur was Dragonspine. Riot, Rowdy, Ruckus were Dragonspine too.

If throwing up a meal meant that they all survived and marched onward then he could handle emptying out his belly basket from time to time. It was not as if the men of Dragonspine could give her a milk break, after all.  May as well do this.

I do next meal. He assured her warmly. They eat lot?
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Oh, yes, she replied to his question, they never stop eating. And shitting. Then eating some more. And shitting some more. You get the idea.

She grinned at his obvious willingness. Raider wondered what motivated him, considering there was no familial drive here. They weren’t related by blood. It meant a good deal to her that a wolf outside of the Redtail clan would commit so wholeheartedly to her cause.

Thanks, Dagur. You’re welcome to come by anytime to visit with them. You don’t have to bring anything with you, by the way. You can just play with them, or tell them stories, or teach them things.

Dragonspine
Scout
142 Posts
Ooc — siv
He laughed and it was a sound that shined his still youthful age the most. When was the last time he had laughed so genuinely? Something about the simplicity of then eating some more. and shitting some more. had tickled him brilliantly.

He nodded quickly, he understood!

His cheeks were warm at the idea of spending time with them. That he might influence that bundle of children within the den.

Can play. Maybe teach skies and herds. He was all grins now as he looked from the den towards Raider. They grow strong, smart.

But he did not want to keep her from them forever. Especially if he needed to come empty his belly basket next! Along with also wanting trinkets to bring even if she had said he did not need to...

I come back soon?
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
It was a wonder, seeing someone aside from herself and Riley reveling in their children. Raider’s heart felt light as she regarded Dagur’s happy expressions and heard his offers to help rear her much-loved and awaited offspring.

Anytime, she repeated, reaching out to frisk at his whiskers, then nudge his muzzle.

Her yellow gaze lingered fondly on his face for a moment before she turned to watch her trio of ravenous pups making a mess of themselves in her hot pukeshake.