Porcupine Ridge skylines and turnstiles
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
102 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
For the first time, Hex was making an attempt to travel the entire diameter of the ridge, leaving his scent marks in his wake.

It was the middle ground between low and high, a blend of the rugged mountains and fertile valleys and forests. When the sun rose, it lit the great vale to the southeast, separated from their territory by a sharp, trecherous drop. 

The rest of the ridge was surrounded by taller mountains, the biggest of which was the peak that loomed just opposite of the valley, its dark mass cutting past even the clouds on stormy days.

Hex had wondered if there was an easy path to the lowlands—and if an enemy could take advantage of it. He found a few such places today, narrow but navigable, and began the arduous process of meticulously and heavily marking these boundaries.

Once Muskrat and other wolves added to the smell, there would be no doubt. This land was theirs.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
199 Posts
Ooc — ebony
shadow-step brought muskrat and @Makono to the stream-wreathed place hex had called a rendezvous.

muskrat found his strong trail and traced it smoothly, pausing to admire the curve of dark forest before she dropped down the rougher face of the ridge.

high above them, a round-headed mountain loomed, casting its darkness down over the path.

and in it, the shadowknife roamed his shadowland; she saw him traveling there, below she and the eagle, and descended to meet him there.

"hex." her eyes glinted once more in the serpent's-wealth of beaming yellow. "i call her sacsayhuamán. royal eagle. she say she stay."

eyes turning now toward the warrior glimmering like pearls in a black ocean.
Loner
785 Posts
Ooc — anon
Ambassador
Tactician
she moved like a knight upon a horse, smooth lope along the land where her strong lover led her.

the location was not so terrible. balanced high upon the vale and the vale might cut them a path to the canyon. did this man see the advantages too? had the sunflower-eyed warrior pointed these things out? one could not deny that she scrutinized the place with a tactical gaze.

the warrior name of royal eagle is enough, she figures.

i was trained as soldier and tactician in these mountains. specifically down in the redsand canyon not far from here, back when it was not so empty.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
102 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Muskrat was already making an impact upon the ridge. Today, she brought another wolf, a sleek, golden woman with the look of eagles in her gaze. Fitting, given the name Muskrat shared.

She had trained in the canyon, now occupied. Or, at least, it had been weeks ago; he hadn't wanted to take any chances with neighbors so close. Another warrior, and he was glad for it. He gave Muskrat a grateful nod, acknowledging this great find.

You prefer 'Royal Eagle'? Hex asked a bit wryly. There was no way he would remember that assortment of syllables, graceful as it sounded. Or is another name better for you?
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
199 Posts
Ooc — ebony
skippable!

her mouth hid a smile. she sent the arch of her brow toward the pale eagle.

dark and light, each striking in their ways which struck muskrat's eye with the most beauty.
Loner
785 Posts
Ooc — anon
Ambassador
Tactician
she makes everything difficult, im sorry

her features only curled into humored warmth. perhaps he might wish to call her lioness or devourer of fate? perhaps pharaoh even though she was none anymore.

it is good to have names that only we call each other. she drawled with this warm humor. like if i call you tenebrae and none others do, you will always know when it is my words.

but perhaps he did not wish to know her as sacsayhuamán. perhaps that was meant only for her and a warrior lover.

maybe aquilae is better for me between us?

the pharaoh blessed by the red lands, hiding under the shawl of a long gone roman.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
102 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He had been given many names in his life. Agrippa was his favorite—but it was tainted now by the rot of death and lost love. Tenebrae was almost as appealing, with a mysterious note in its three syllables he could not place.

I like Aquilae, Hex told her, returning the smile. A rare expression throughout his life, but the golden woman brought it out of him like moth to a flame. And I like Tenebrae for myself. Welcome to Shadow Ridge.

That was that. If Muskrat approved of the woman, Hex did, too. And it would add another seasoned warrior to their ranks. 

Just a few more, and perhaps the raids could begin in earnest.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
199 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last for me! <3 i keep saying skippable but forgetting smh

in the end, the title of the eagle belonged to them. there was some nuance to their voice that muskrat did not understand; she blamed it upon her grasp of the language but knew it was not only that.

aquilae was welcomed by tenebrae

muskrat smirked in pleasant feeling. she would turn then to lead makono away, meet with the shadow at a later time, in another place. here was freedom. she would experience it in all ways she wanted.
Loner
785 Posts
Ooc — anon
Ambassador
Tactician
then it was sealed. here with the panther raider as witness, they were born again.

aquilae. sacsayhuamán —

controlled by makono.

she was content to be guided off into her new outpost. eager to mark nails on stone, to find the best outlooks and the darkest shadows.