Gilded Bay I can make you scared
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the siren queen had seen a great many things in her life - some extraordinary, some not.. yet as she stood before nike she could not help but feel she was looking in the cold eyes of a ghost: hadn't nereides failed fantastically each time they braved this cold and unforgiving continent? kevlyn's memory drifted threateningly close to the surface, and caiaphas buried its cold-grey face with firm thoughts of her living children.

nike spoke once more, this time adopting caiaphas' native tongue with labor; the sylph was frowning as she listened, wondering how to best break the news to nike that the last installment of nereides had been slaughtered at the helm of duskfire glacier: and those that survived, if living after seeing the horrors of war was anything to call 'surviving', had slithered off to unknown climes.

"there have been many." she interjected, suddenly finding within herself the confidence to speak the themiscyrian tongue. "and they all failed. you stand not too far from where i knew of them last." it wouldn't have made sense for themiscyra to branch out here again; caiaphas was content that the matriarchs of that distant shore had become well acquainted with how hostile the teekon was - and had likely sent no further disciples to slaughter.

as for the question of where caiaphas had come from.. she seemed conflicted in how best to answer, for her birthplace had very little correlation with the rest of her life, and would mean nothing to a nereides. "somewhere far from here -- but, i was found by themiscyra." she wondered if this zephyra grotto had known of her colony's presence, or if they had just simply both come to the teekon by divine providence.

caiaphas didn't believe in divinity anymore -- it had been moons since she had prayed or held vigil, and she was no longer a religious woman in any way except for one: caiaphas knew death was the one true motivator -- and death alone the only irrevocable force on this desolate heap of rock. she kept this blasphemy to herself, finding that strangely, she didn't look on nereides with much fondness anymore. after all, they had left her to die on that grey shore.. and she hadn't.

"i was the siren queen of ankyra sound - second in line after aktaie nereides. ankyra sound is no longer - it perished. this is no place to colonize - you will find out for yourself soon enough."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
I can make you scared - by Nike - November 04, 2018, 06:34 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 05, 2018, 08:35 AM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 05, 2018, 01:47 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 07, 2018, 09:43 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 08, 2018, 02:08 AM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 09, 2018, 08:17 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 12, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 17, 2018, 12:21 PM