Stone Circle she's got her eyes fixed on the floor
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could see that the news really hit Polaris hard. She offered the female a soft smile. Sometimes these horrible things happened, and she didn't want her to feel bad about her not being there. Valette raised her brows when Polaris revealed that this little man was her brother. She looked over him and could start to see some similarities. She figured this was a pup she had found during her travels but this was clearly something else. This was family. "He is welcome in our pack, Polaris. You are family now, so he is also family to me," she spoke with a smile at Alsek. "Welcome to Easthollow. We are a big family pack here so you will have lots of other wolves to be with,"she assured him.

Valette then turned to the female. Her eyes turning warm and comforting. She stood silent for a moment. But then shook her head. "Losing Nanook was just as painful as the time I lost my mother, and when I lost my first mate Steady," she explained. "However, the way you are able to cope with loss becomes better. At least for me. Nanook may have died, but the way she died was just how I always imagined she would go. Far too early but she... She just gave her life for all of us. I can only admire that. I will miss her terribly, but I just try to remember the good and positive things about that wolf. Those thoughts help when feeling sad. You remember the good. Perhaps me being a leader with the pack counting on me helps as well. I cannot mope around for weeks. Work helps with mourning, for me." She looked at Polaris and offered her a saddened smile. "But the pain is just as painful every time."
Messages In This Thread
she's got her eyes fixed on the floor - by RIP Polaris - June 18, 2020, 05:41 PM
RE: she's got her eyes fixed on the floor - by RIP Valette - July 04, 2020, 02:57 PM