Dragoncrest Cliffs I put my hands in the fire
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
754 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Her efforts would be completely fruitless. Somewhere off in the distance, the ermine would peek its little face out of an exit trail, and look around to make sure that he hadn't been spotted. Chacal, meanwhile, continued to dig at the frozen ground, making a mess of the small entrance and putting herself through a bit of strain even though she knew she wouldn't get a meal out of it. If she could just make things a bit more miserable for her prey, she might feel a bit more satisfied. 

She looked up when she heard a soft huff, and at first her bewildered stare was slightly offended. She'd been so focused on her meaningless task that she hadn't been watching to see if she'd been noticed by any others...And her expression didn't exactly brighten when she saw that it was her mother who had caught up with her. Her posture sagged in the way a reluctant subordinate might wilt when they expected to be chastised. She set her jaws together, and without a word, began to push the earth she'd loosened back into the little tunnel in the ground. She wouldn't catch the ermine- but she would block its tunnel off. It was simply a means of making it look as though she was somewhat busy, so she might avoid the conversation she felt was inevitably going to hit her at some point.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 06:10 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 06:14 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 06:51 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - February 26, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 26, 2021, 05:26 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 28, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - March 06, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - March 07, 2021, 01:45 AM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - March 11, 2021, 01:12 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - March 21, 2021, 08:39 AM