Dragoncrest Cliffs It’s a crying shame them’s the breaks
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
753 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Fatherhood, to Chacal’s knowledge, was something bestowed upon wolves who had proved themselves in some way or another. She could recognize the little traits that Elfie had contributed, and of course the red tail that Njord had passed on. Njord had been present for last year’s children, though they had had the guidance from two mothers already. 

When she looked from one of her mothers to the other, she saw only her reflection in their eyes. She had learned their smile, she had studied their features and had imprinted their mannerisms into hers, but as for her colouration? Perhaps it had come from her father. 

Chacal’s situation would be different in many ways, and she contemplated what she thought might have been a gentle warning. She would have to seek out someone to father her children, though she had no partner to raise them with, unlike her mothers or Meerkat and Njord. 

In her mind, she recalled two males who had had a disposition and look that she had found attractive. They were friendly, humble, and appeared healthy. Either of them would be perfect as a side- but would she be able to ask them for that, without also wanting more from them, as Meerkat had?

She would learn for herself. And if she could find neither of them, what would she do next? 

”I ‘ave met already, two I might prefer. 
Not for deir looks, eyes or deir fur. 
Deir bodies were healthy, deir souls were kind,
Dey seemed as well to be sound of mind.

I will be clear wit’ dem, an’ be wary too.
De children will be mine, an’ dey will not be raised alone.
If I choose to keep a partner, dat be fine, if I choose not….Well, dat be also fine.”

She did not have concerns about raising the children within Sapphique. Not when they were all family, and not with two other sets of parents present.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
It’s a crying shame them’s the breaks - by Chacal - April 12, 2022, 11:44 PM
RE: It’s a crying shame them’s the breaks - by Chacal - April 16, 2022, 03:23 PM