Dragoncrest Cliffs But what to put with my heart
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
747 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Chacal stilled herself in the silence. She wondered what the pack might decide, when asked about the bear, knowing that there was a chance that perhaps they would back the decision that Njord had made. Mireille, too, had offered the same notion, so she had to wonder if her choice would be over-ruled by the majority. She did not like that there was the potential for sides. Furthermore, she had to wonder where Mireille might place her vote. With one decision, she could fracture the image of the leadership being a united front. But that was Mireille's decision to make- and by asking the pack, she was asking for everyone's input. She would not coach her sister's vote. 

Sapphique would not be led by tyrants.

Meerkat did not absorb the contention that Chacal felt for Njord, and so her gaze was gentle when she first caught sight of the wary woman approaching. She inhaled softly; she could tell by the way Meerkat moved that she was doing her best to build up her confidence- something that Chacal welcomed in a woman. But she was disheartened, knowing that this stemmed from her duty to her husband. Whatever Njord had said to her, it had made her tense. She did not believe that Njord was a liar, but she did know that he was binding his wife to himself and the anchor he'd grabbed on to when he'd chosen to risk his own life, and the pack's safety as well. 

She admitted that she would prefer to leave, over whatever repercussions she thought they had in store for Njord. But even without knowing what had just been discussed between the leaders, Njord sought to abandon ship rather than face the repercussions of his actions, taking Meerkat along with him. She knew Meerkat had contemplated moving long ago, but she thought perhaps she'd had a change in heart. She was disappointed, and frowned softly. It spoke of their lack of faith in the strength of Sapphique, to flee. It told her that Njord's pride could not withstand a demotion as a repercussion of his actions. 

Still- this seemed to be what Meerkat wanted. The rest of the pack would not need to have an opinion on the matter, if this was her decision. She glanced to Mireille, and then back to Meerkat. 

"Heal your son, den go.
If Fish wish to stay, den it be so.
He will not bear 'is fat'er's woe.
De same be true for Ray.

I 'ave spared Njord 'is life-
others 'ave done less, and were given more strife,
as it is, he now owes us two lives
we may call for dem someday.

De pack will 'ave a meeting at once.
You an' Njord, you do not come."

The pack had decisions to make. And this quarter of the Sveijarn-Corten family would not attend.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
But what to put with my heart - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 03:22 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Mireille - January 17, 2023, 03:27 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Sobo - January 17, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 03:48 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Mireille - January 17, 2023, 03:58 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Sobo - January 17, 2023, 04:17 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 04:36 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Mireille - January 17, 2023, 04:46 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Sobo - January 17, 2023, 05:13 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 05:29 PM
RE: But what to put with my heart - by Mireille - January 17, 2023, 05:33 PM