Wheeling Gull Isle in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven
Rivenwood
Leaf
224 Posts
Ooc — Twin
He asks why she thinks God would be mad at her, and it was a good question. One she didn't entirely know how to answer right away.
Because, truly, she didn't know why He would be. She loved Him so deeply, so devoutly, so honestly and proudly; her very place on this planet was a gift from Him! And Simeon's presence felt so natural, so normal, so nice. It almost made her forget her troubles for a moment all too short-lived.
But she thought of the darklings again, and she thought to herself that He must be cross with her. There's no other explanation.
I don' like our new siblings, she mumbles, sheepishly pulling herself into a pout. an' I don' know why. So I think God forgot to tell me to love them.
It was an honest display of emotion, a somberness she had held within the chasm of her chest for days now. And before she knows it, the waterworks begin, silent tears that darken russet cheeks. I don' think Mama and Daddy love us anymore.
love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
it always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Messages In This Thread
RE: in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven - by Dinah - June 29, 2023, 12:09 PM