Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,267 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
You get #1000! (*Permission was given to pp Dutch through the hunt.)

He was right to assume this man was one of many drawn to Moonsong by Ariadne, and he would be wise to keep an eye upon him; then again, Kilgitsuk did not feel threatened by the presence of other men on the average day, and caught himself wondering why he was so on-edge about it. It wouldn't help the hunt, so he stowed these thoughts for rumination later.

It would be useful having someone that knew the mountain. Dutch mentioned the name of the connected peak and Kilgitsuk made a mental note of it - Silvertip. His comment about love made him shoot Dutch another look, but the other man was already off at a run through the trees.

Without another word Kilgitsuk got to work.

He knew it would be impossible to hide himself once the little family of deer caught sight of him. He tried to move swiftly and with purpose so that when the inevitable happened, he would spook them in the direction of Dutch. The chosen doe they hunted was the slowest of the group to react, which was a blessing, and when she did Kilgitsuk's assumptions played out quickly.

The doe heard the sounds of his approach and then caught wind of the wolves, and by the time she thought to react the others had dispersed in to the woods; Dutch was closer, and when the doe tried to dash she ran directly in to his path. Kilgitsuk came upon the two of them as the doe sought another avenue of escape, but she was already trapped. As Dutch harried her from one side, Kilgitsuk did it from the other; he called out as they worked the deer, Try not to damage her too much; I wish to bring the hide to Ariadne.

As requested.

The doe put up a fight but it would not be enough against their mighty teeth; once felled, Kilgitsuk stalked among the trees for a few moments to catch his breath, and returned to the felled beast with an energy that wasn't previously shown.

A good hunt! He commended the other man. Eat, if you'd like. We can strip the rest for storage and I will take the hide.
Messages In This Thread