Ankyra Sound creature fear
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
11/14 EDIT: mary, i have a million threads, i hope you don't mind if i archive this? we should thread shortly once my threadlog doesn't have 25 open threads?? <3

<style>.forest12 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .forest12 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .forest12 b {color:#fbfbfd; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .forest12 {background-color:#1a2a34; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/FTTNJWe.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .forest12 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .forest12 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#94958f; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 360px 20px; } .forest12-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>
It would have taken a great deal of intrusion to break the rapport between them -- Caiaphas was not inwardly a private creature and the idea of discourteous or indelicate questions would have baffled her. She had no problem posing these crude inquiries to others and at best one could describe her as somewhat boorish in demeanor. Kierkegaard likely did not share the same proclivity, but Caiaphas felt it was possible he was aware of it all the same. His questions, however prompted, would have been answered well enough regardless of subject.

Caiaphas would have been remiss to ignore the undetermined flop of Kierkegaard's ears -- or the fitful rebound of his simmering gaze. She did not rise from the bed but rather watched him wolfishly, her expression inscrutable. There had been no other wolf in the valley she could have said she viewed as a comrade -- and it was odd now that she found herself believing Kierkegaard to be one -- but the affinity was there all the same and like Kierkegaard, Caiaphas seemed astutely aware of it. Lazily she rolled onto her back and inspected the jagged roof of the cavern, a single and sprawling paw uplifted as she counted the wicked spires. "You can stay here as long as you like. Save for two pups, none come."

The offer was contrite, and after she grew silent the two of them enjoyed the last remaining filter of light from the day, before Caiaphas turned in to sleep. Tomorrow they would likely spend short hours together in the morning, and Caiaphas would find herself surprised to miss his company once he struck towards the Spine.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
creature fear - by Kierkegaard - October 22, 2014, 10:25 AM
RE: creature fear - by Caiaphas - October 22, 2014, 01:50 PM
RE: creature fear - by Kierkegaard - October 23, 2014, 02:58 PM
RE: creature fear - by Caiaphas - October 23, 2014, 06:07 PM
RE: creature fear - by Kierkegaard - October 23, 2014, 07:01 PM
RE: creature fear - by Caiaphas - October 27, 2014, 05:44 PM
RE: creature fear - by Kierkegaard - October 27, 2014, 08:55 PM
RE: creature fear - by Caiaphas - October 29, 2014, 06:10 PM
RE: creature fear - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 09:30 PM