Two Eyes Cenote i am woman,
Muat-riya
Hebsut*
479 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Advisor
She knew in that moment so many expressions passed over her face- grief, uncertainty, surprise. But last was a fondness so great, so intense, she felt herself drowning in it. For a long moment, Toula’s proclamation of love hangs with them in the air of her bedchamber. Eset looks down at her feet. Emotion wells into her eyes, trembling on her lower eyelids.

She would come to regret how she fled from affection, how she spurned love to guard herself. It may be that in the years to follow she would fill with a deep remorse for not seeing her likeness in the face of a child, and look longingly at a vision of a family she had always felt undeserving of.

But she is not alone. She feels love everyday when she walks beside Legend, or when Tuna regales her with childhood stories. When she gathers herbs with Tavina, and sees Racharra’s growing smile.

And there was love- a rich, deep, unalloyed love, in this small, private moment between Pharaoh and Hebsut. Eset grasps for Toula’s hand.

She was surrounded by women. Brilliant, honest, humble women, who were praised for their competence and the inner workings of their minds.

“I love you,” and finally Eset could bring herself to say it, but not without her lip quivering from the weight of such a word.

“And I will love Muat-riya, as you love Akashingo.”
Messages In This Thread
i am woman, - by Toula - November 28, 2023, 04:40 PM
RE: i am woman, - by Eset - November 28, 2023, 06:10 PM
RE: i am woman, - by Toula - December 06, 2023, 05:28 PM
RE: i am woman, - by Eset - December 07, 2023, 10:28 AM
RE: i am woman, - by Toula - December 07, 2023, 03:39 PM
RE: i am woman, - by Eset - December 08, 2023, 07:17 PM
RE: i am woman, - by Toula - February 03, 2024, 12:05 PM
RE: i am woman, - by Eset - May 24, 2024, 02:36 PM