always seemed to hit me like a lightning from above
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas had but many flaws -- one of which was her lack of adherence to the Nereides culture. She had tried so steadfastedly to treat males with the harsh decorum her sisters instructed of her -- and so many times, she had miserably failed.

Spyridon and perhaps Akantha were better suited to instruct Kevlyn of the appropriate mein -- but Caiaphas held no contention in that regard. She cared little, and it was dangerous -- she saw Kevlyn (and Larus) as her own, and had she been the sole guardian of Kevlyn she likely would have turned him into a little undisciplined monster. She was lucky he was so subservient given her flimsy adherence to the Nereides law.

As a result, she took no offense to his inquiry. Affording a small smile all her own she dipped her head in affirmation -- she would watch him trot down the shore and then after some time had passed would turn towards the grotto to take stock of her wares.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: always seemed to hit me like a lightning from above - by Caiaphas - February 24, 2015, 03:14 PM