The Tangle she told him to take care of me
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska’s ears pulled ahead in surprise as Tux drew his own conclusions about her family - an interpretation she was all too eager to refute. 

My family isn’t like that, She contested, giving a lash of her long tail. It’s everyone else. She wanted to be tight lipped, especially after the way she had felt after he stepped towards her.. and yet the words just kept tumbling out. 

I was born here and we were chased out -by a bear. Then we ran for a while, and the bear - it kept trying to hunt us down. 

My parents finally got it off of our trail and we went to this pack and,
An ugly expression descended her features as she recalled the beaten, hopeless faces of her parents that day.. a shade unknowable yet distinctly full of bile had corrupted the brightness of her eyes. And we were turned away, for who knows why! To starve! She looked us in the eyes while we were starving, and made us leave anyway! Even now Raleska bore the evidence of that crucible: she would never grow to the height she could have, and would always carry with her the gaunt and hungry eyes of a pauper. And we did starve. 
My dad kept hunting and gave the food only to us. And my mom kept walking and looking for a new home.. 

Then there was this storm —
Her eyes swept to the darkening clouds overhead - a storm not unlike this, she thought. And it separated all of us. My mom looked for days for my father and Ephraim, Illidan and Rhakios. Her eyes fell to the ground in a silent moment of despair for her presumed dead brothers and father. We found another pack, and then they too turned on us.. and that pack had turned on Rosalyn and Erzulie too I think. But they came with us, and ate with us and slept with us, and we’ve been running ever since.. But we’re not gonna anymore. We belong here. Her yellow eyes were so much like her mother’s then, lambent and hard as she gazed at the boy before her - yet it was the tungsten will of her father that shined through the most. Same as you.

Suddenly, Raleska did not feel very composed. Under Tux's rakish gaze, the girl turned and hurried home. She was not afraid of him, but she was afraid she might lose her composure in front of the the enemy. She hoped she never saw his stupid face again (a lie).
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 06:44 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 06:56 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:05 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 07:11 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:22 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 07:28 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Tux - December 16, 2018, 07:49 PM
RE: she told him to take care of me - by Raleska - December 16, 2018, 08:01 PM