Ravensblood Forest i've melted icecaps with my bones
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
His truthful admittance and irrevocable loyalty was what nearly did the silver in. I don’t deserve it. This. My family. After all she’d done, were they her family? Vercingetorix? Their — no, his — children? He’d tried to find and fight for a paradise for his family, and she had just... just... stolen after him, every bit the impulsive fool Stigmata had proven her to be.

She couldn’t remember the last time she’d touched another this way: seeking just comfort, security, relief. But one moment, Aure was wading through her sorrows and all that she could’ve done so much differently; backpedaling on all that she’d only just explained and mended when tending to her beloved.

In the next, though, she was wilting into the sable crook that was Sanguinus. Through the scarlet of him and her own shame, the herbalist was blinded to the truthful verdict of no, it wasn’t entirely her fault and yes, they are your family. She couldn’t see through her tears that  (especially new)  parents only did what they thought was right in a specific moment and worked with the time they were given. 

Aure couldn’t see any of it, just as she couldn’t see her stars with both eyes anymore; always looking into the world just as half-blind as the creature she’d become so long before the Dread’s return.

So all she could really do was burrow further into the stature of her champion and cry,
and cry,
and cry.

last post to start another thread hopefully??
Messages In This Thread
i've melted icecaps with my bones - by Sanguinus - July 15, 2019, 11:40 PM
RE: i've melted icecaps with my bones - by Andraste - July 16, 2019, 12:18 AM
RE: i've melted icecaps with my bones - by Sanguinus - July 17, 2019, 01:33 PM
RE: i've melted icecaps with my bones - by Andraste - August 01, 2019, 09:30 AM