The Sunspire you squandered your chances
Private 
set after this thread. @Cupid
He runs, and he does not look back. He knows he cannot stop, even as the path grows more difficult, the climb more steep. His heart beats fast in his ears, breath ragged and harsh against his burning throat, paws aching and wet with blood and pus, and his shoulderOh, He stumbles as the pain hits him fully, gaze lifting too late from the rocky ground under him. His paws scrabble against the ground, sliding against the blood-slicked earth, and for a moment he feels as if he's flying. His eyes snap up, past the steep path ahead, toward the sky. It's so blue. I'm flying.
Only for a moment, though. He hits the ground with a gasp and a short, breathless shriek, vision blurring as pain overwhelms his other senses. He writhes, straining for purchase, but he only succeeds in rolling himself further down the slope. The trip down is anything but smooth, and after a moment, his vision begins to flicker to black.
When the blackness fades, he blinks his eyes open and realizes he does not know where he is, or how he'd gotten here.Ow... His voice is high with pain and thick with the threat of tears as he shifts, eyes growing hot. For a moment, he forgets that he's alone. Helios... Helios, it hurts, it hurts so much — But when he turns with tear-filled eyes to plead with his brother to make it stop, he finds that he isn't there. The air leaves his lungs, and his throat closes. Alone, remember?
It all comes back to him, then: the gnawing hunger in his belly, the scent of food within the valley, those white wolves, their teeth in him. A cold feeling fills his stomach, nausea replacing the hunger, and he twists to turn his gaze first to his shoulder, then his hip. Oh — oh no, no —A sob cuts him off, and he turns away from the sight of torn flesh dark with blood, retching. He cries until he can't anymore, until the tears are all gone and the sobs fade into the occasional forlorn hiccup, and he remembers something.
I wanted to die, he thinks, gazing at the dimming horizon. They tried to kill me, and I wanted to die, but I didn't let them. He can't help but laugh at the irony of that, at the ridiculousness of botching his own death. It will only be a slower kind of death, he knows, and the thought sparks a panic deep inside of him; he does not want to die like this, covered in blood and piss and dirt. Tired as he is, though, he does not truly feel anything except a small bud of gratitude for the knowledge that he won't be alone for much longer.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
you squandered your chances - by Zephyr - November 30, 2019, 11:05 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Cupid - December 01, 2019, 12:03 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Zephyr - December 07, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Cupid - December 07, 2019, 02:17 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Zephyr - December 07, 2019, 02:46 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Cupid - December 09, 2019, 11:53 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Zephyr - December 12, 2019, 03:56 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Cupid - December 13, 2019, 02:35 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Zephyr - December 13, 2019, 03:27 PM
RE: you squandered your chances - by Cupid - December 13, 2019, 04:34 PM