Northstar Vale cut your hair and shave your beard
All Welcome 
he's trespassing (and probably gonna be a giant dick to everyone), so anything goes except death, loss of a limb/sense, & anything that would give him facial scars
There is a cold fire in his heart, as stinging and eye-watering as that which had driven him from Helios. It burns relentlessly, icy and scathing and sapping all of the warmth from his body, and it leaves room for nothing else. He is hollow and cold and consumed by pale blue flame, lost and bleeding the last of his life from the place where he feels only emptiness in his chest. He has nothing, nothing except the festering wounds on his pads and his leg, and now he knows that he is nothing.
He might think himself a ghost already, but he knows dead wolves feel no hunger. It is this hunger that drives him toward the pack's borders, and it is the chill in his heart that drives him beyond. If he is not dead already, perhaps he will be soon. His heart quickens at the thought, and he starts to feel the way he had at Swiftcurrent Creek, that same giddy, half-panicked half-joyful feeling, the one that had left him feeling faint and itchy-pawed and a little sick to his stomach. They could kill me, he thinks, they could rip my throat out and I'd never get up, and he doesn't know if that is his greatest desire or his greatest fear. He doesn't care enough to know. He's hungry, and he's made his decision — and the more he thinks about it, the more he realizes that maybe... well, maybe he doesn't care at all whether he lives or dies, now that Helios is gone. Maybe it doesn't matter anymore. So he just keeps walking, skin crawling with the anticipation of death, or food, or whatever he will find here.
common || « french »
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star had begun patrolling the borders. Once upon a time this had been a routine for her, almost daily, when she lived at Swiftcurrent, and later when she lived in little packs here and there. More than a year of being a nomad had put her out of practice (not that it was a difficult activity), but now her old bones made it a little harder. She was holding up well for her age, but her gait was slower than it once was. Nevertheless, her paws carried her over stone and grass alike.

Something caught her eye, a silvery figure just ahead. Of course she did not know all the members of the pack yet, but she knew she did not belong. Her scent came upon the wind, different than the rest, not like the Vale. And there was something... off-putting, about this girl's general aura. Like there is a hollowness beyond her skin and eyes.

Star's fur bristled at the sight of her, but she calmed herself and approached her with seriousness. Andraste had a policy of giving trespassers a chance, to explain themselves and the like, before utilizing force. Whether or not Star agreed with it was irrelevant, it was the way of the pack and so she would make it her way as well. "Good afternoon, let it be known that you are trespassing in Courtfall territory. Please state your business here," She huffed. It amused her, to hear herself speaking with such formality, but she maintained a straight face and a stern gaze.
just fyi, zephyr is biologically female! <3
Things are going pretty good, in his opinion — until some old bitch crashes his party. His own silvery fur bristles fiercely, expression souring on her as she approaches as if she is the trespasser here. He pauses briefly, ears flattening as his glare intensifies. I know I'm trespassing, I'm not stupid, The boy snaps, disliking what he perceives as condescension in her formal words. I'm hungry, so leave me alone, you ugly old hag. He starts to walk away, adding after a moment, Unless you think you can fight me. He's not even a year old yet, it's true, but this wolf is ancient, and weird-looking too, and he's certain he could win a fight against her. He still doesn't wait for a response, but he doesn't run, either; he just continues following the scent of food.
common || « french »
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
er i almost shadow posted star and had to change a few things to make it work but am also lazy n didn't change a lot so if it's mashed together weirdly that'd be why lmao. 
EDIt; almost shadow posted zeph now bc i'm slow so had to rlly messily change the ending so ik it doesn't make the most sense im sorry bahahah

not this time.

she'd taken to shoving as much of her pent up energy as she could into patrolling the borders, it was after all, a duty of hers as valitúrë and therefore seemed a lot more worthwhile than aimless wandering. she had to admit there was something therapeutic to the routine of it, already her paws fell into the correct steps to circle the territory with little to no thought involved; instinct easily taking over the control panel of her mind.

the air shifts visibly from her jaws into the chill as she crouches now, eyes of displaced darkness tracking the silvery wolf's movements with something akin to giddiness flickering steadily in her chest at the appropriate tensing of her muscles as she slunk across their borders. she had to give it to her, had it not been for poor timing which had her patrolling this particular part of the territory just as she decided to make her move; she might've gone unnoticed. there was something about her movements; not exactly the same as her own ghostly grace yet seeming to hold the equal skill to slink forth without disrupting the air around her. although, as eyes narrow coldly on her approaching frame; it's easy to spot signs of neglect and there's a carelessness to her movements that ruins their fluidness somewhat. desperation? it was becoming more common, starvation would do that. yet she can hold no sympathy for the icy foxlike thief, she knew andraste wouldn't have turned her away had she sought her help and so she would just have to pay for being both selfish and an idiot.

so having made up her mind with a self assured; not this time, she clearly wasn't overly pleased at the approaching calm steps of another resident of courtfall and she glared on at the formal addressing she progressed with. this of course just had to make the situation all the more vexing and determined to stay true to her word and not let courtfall literally get walked over again, she displaced herself from the clever positioning amongst a conveniant outcrop of rock and sprung nimbly before the frosty wolf.  hackles are already raised as she hits the ground before the trespasser, ears flat as pearly fangs hint oncoming threats with their visibility. oh how her heart already beats with an energy she constantly sought, she's close to losing herself in the addictive element of it but luckily practice rules her mind and it focuses hard on the situation at hand. her nose wrinkles slightly at the clear state of her company and she's almost taken aback by how...lifeless she appears, not only down to the injuries and festering hunger ruining what seemed to be an already lanky frame. colourless eyes hold a dullness to them that struck home with the woman yet it fails to reach her own hollowed darkness as they narrow on the youngster with a low growl slipping forth. 

yet the girl had given the wrong answer to her packmate and tundra is overjoyed, there's no longer any need for mere threats that andraste would prefer they not follow up on unless needed because it was. without so much as a word the pale soldier launches forward and moves to barrel into the filthy wolf, jaws snapping forth in an attempt to connect with her shoulder whilst her heart soared.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
@ xynien SHITTT I totally forgot omg, I'm so sorry I remember reading that a while back but I totally forgot T.T  I guess I will write this post referring to zephyr as she, and I'll go edit my original. and @ jem omg ur writing is awesome dont even worry abt it

Here it came. She should have predicted it, these hopeless and hollow children who were careless to the rules of the world, careless to their own conditions. Spitting out reckless words of anger and apathy. Star felt bad for this pathetic girl, who felt the need to be aggressive and provoke people.

She wondered momentarily, if this was how she once looked to the Blackfeather wolves. She had been just a year old, immature and full of anger, trespassing without a care in the world. And look what they had done to her. She shook away the thought- Courtfall would deal with trespassers differently. Maybe Star had once been dragged underground to be held and tortured and interrogated, but Courtfall was not like those people. She would fight as she needed to, whatever it would take to rid the land of this pesky kid. But never something like that. 

Anyway, she did not take kindly to those insults. Fuck, when did I even get old... I'm a hag now? She thought to herself. Her fur bristled on her spine once again, only now she did not calm herself. Just as she was about to make a move herself, she noticed the approach of someone- before she could turn, the wolf was already leaping from behind her, ready to tear apart the stranger. Pale and small like herself. A fellow Court woman- Star was glad that she would not have to battle alone. The odds were in their favor now. Star made a leap of her own, black lips pulled back to reveal bright fangs wet with saliva. She attempts to take the girl's back end, her jaws reaching out to bite at her hips, or hind legs perhaps, wherever she could connect and draw blood.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
cameo

Cupid spent most of his days on his own. Not surprising for a nomadic creature like him. He never promised his appearance anyhow. This court was only a short chapter within his life, a story of a temporary home to keep warm. Of course he would play his role, hunting and caring for the pack and whatnot (worrying about others was still such a new concept for him) but that was about it.

He sought out to fulfill one of his duties today. With a twig equipped between teeth, he searched every nook and cranny of the vale. Cupid was a healer without tools and that needed to change. All of the good herbs had no doubt withered and died in the cold so he had to make do with what was around him. He stuck the twig between two rocks, rotated it around, and pulled out the delicate webs that clung onto it. They couldn't do as much as an herb would, but at least they were practical. 

Cupid put an abrupt halt to his search when nearby commotion fell upon his ears. Excitement tickled his neck as trotted towards the noise. He wasn't one to jump into fights, watching from the sidelines was entertaining enough.

He lingered at at the edge, watching two women lunge towards a silver child. Her sickly state made him cringe and he even felt sorry her. Still, he refused to intervene. Kids needed to be taught the laws of nature in one way or another, this child just had to learn the hard way. Run kid, he urged under his breath.
no worries, summer! i'm gonna pull him in my next post, feel free to get another bite in while he's babbling at them <3 thanks so much for the thread!
Zephyr has never actually been in a fight before. He'd sparred with Helios a few times, before he'd ruined everything and sent them both running from Swiftcurrent Creek, but he'd never truly felt his brother's teeth — so he isn't prepared at all for what it feels like when another pale wolf descends on him suddenly. He feels the impact first, and pressure, and then a bolt of agony lances through his shoulder and he's breathless. Wha- The word is almost a whisper, cutting off into a shocked, breathy whine.
And then he screams. Incoherently, at first, wrenching away from the unknown wolf's jaws and stumbling into the jaws of the second. He doesn't feel the way the shriek tears up his dry, already-raw throat, nor does he notice the first woman at his rear until the pain shoots through his hip, too, and warmth wells in his fur. He jerks, scream strangled this time as he lurches forward and loses his balance. His legs give out, bladder releasing, and words begin to tumble from him in a panicked rush.
Stop — stop, stop, STOP, PLEASE — He scrambles to his feet, choking, flinching from any further attacks as he backs away from his assailants with fast, clumsy steps. He doesn't see the puddle of piss on the ground where he'd been, or the splashes of blood around it. He feels them in his fur, though, warm but rapidly chilling against his skin. A sob wrenches itself from his throat as he stares at the pale wolves with wide eyes. Stop, stop, I'm sorry, I — He chokes again, on his words and the sobs that follow, turning on shaking limbs with every intention of leaving as fast as he can.
common || « french »
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
the contact, blood pooling into her jaws as sweet euphoria bubbles through her veins. yet it's so painfully short lived for as soon as both hers and then her unknown packmate's jaws make the expected marks; the girl begins to shriek. already flat ears press harder against her skull as soft hissing growls break forth in automated response to the caterwauling. 

and if that was bad-

she stumbles without as much as a snap, and falls before them whilst the stench of excreted urine seeps into her wrinkled nose. conflict is quick to rage war on the soldier; both pity and disgust stirring uncomfortably in the depths of her gut yet remaining cloaked over by the mindset of the cold soldier that'd been bet into her; this wasn't an unfamiliar sight, in fact many fearsome wolves ended up cowering into their own piss when the moment came. it was strange to feel so; detached again. the manic euphoria having died off the moment the girl proved just how pitiful she was. when had she transitioned from the hollow killer to what, an adrenaline junkie? 

shark like eyes narrow coldly on the girl as she staggers back; already blubbering again with each shaky step and if she'd just stop talking and move! "shut the hell up and get outshe spits, lashing her tail with the most sharply displayed act of mercy. as she turns she 'gives chase' at an intentionally slowed rate so that she doesn't exactly reach the silvery girl but makes sure she makes it over the border, giving the occasional snap if she falters. it's only whenever the other has made it across the border does she stop and watch wearily; it's hard to hold anger towards something as piteous as that but for the sake of both courtfall and the young girl, it had to be done. they couldn't get a label for being easy to tresspass on, especially with times as tough as these and it might teach the frosty wolf that desperation wasn't worth it, some packs out here wouldn't intend on letting her leave with her life for such a crime.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
sorry to keep yall waiting >_>

She stumbled back into Star's fangs after Tundra's initial attack. The old woman's fangs dug into the girl's flesh the best she could, quickly beginning to taste the blood in her mouth. Unlike Tundra, this sort of thing did not fill her with some sort of satisfaction, not even for a single moment. She saw it as a duty- she spat the blood out when it welled in her mouth, finding it more of a responsibility than a joy to experience. 

And then a scream hit her ears, and it was the worst and most terrifying sound ever. The scream of a child in agony, crying out for help after her mistake. It's like a nail on a chalkboard to Star, to hear the kid's pain vocalized. It's like a knife in her heart, or like Crescendo's claws in her feet, the pain that suddenly reaches her soul. They were strong women, going two against one on an ignorant child.

I'm like Bane. I'm like Bane and Raissa. 

She can't prevent the thought as it fills her head, as much as she wants to think about anything else. It makes her nauseous, to think that she is as cruel as those Blackfeather wolves. So she tried not to hear her thoughts and tried not to hear Zephyr's scream. Instead she got another bite in on the kid's flank, but it was messy, not as precise as usual as her mind was thick with worry. 

The stench of fresh urine reached her and her nose scrunched with slight revulsion. And then, the girl stared at them, wide-eyed and bloodied, begging them to stop. Star's midnight eyes met the girl's silver ones, and in that moment she wished she could communicate I'm so sorry, but all she could do was quit her attacks and give the girl a look of pity. And then her packmate was spitting harsh words at the intruder, and the kid was off on quick legs, and her packmate pursued. Star didn't have the heart to continue- she stood like a statue of stone, staring down at the pair as they took off. Maybe her packmate would be mad at her for not bothering to follow- but she couldn't go against her own belief. She was a warrior, sure, but something like this reminded her too much of her own experience trespassing. She could not follow.
last from me!
The pain is almost unbearable. He doesn't know where he finds the strength to run at all, yet he finds himself bolting past the borders so fast his head spins, oblivious to everything but his wounds and his need to flee. There is no time for thought now, but later he'll look back on the moment with shame and fury; later, he'll promise himself that he will never beg, that he will never be so weak again, no matter how much he suffers or how cruel the world is to him. And one day, he'll recognize it as the most important lesson of his life — though perhaps not in the way the Courtfall wolves had intended.
common || « french »
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
it's with a heavy sigh that she turns away from the border once the silvered girl has faded from sight and roams slowly back towards where the incident had orginally occurred. it's noticed that star had not followed and the soldier frowns somewhat bitterly to herself; it was always her who took it furthest wasn't it? yet she'd only done what must be done, the girl had trespassed and not only that, upon being caught had spat venomous words at her pack mate. in fact she'd even outright challenged her, what had she expected? tundra would've gone for anyone who decided to ignore very purposefully placed borders but one who behaved so haughtily needed it most, child or not. it was how packs survived, let one in without consequence and suddenly any desperate or lazy lone wolf will saunter in and now more than ever they could not afford such a thing.

still though, there is little joy in fighting one who does not fight back especially when they go to the point of pissing themselves. it's much harder to find honour in that. frowning she finally comes upon the older ivory woman, she looks troubled and tundra blinks at her; offering a soft dip of her head despite the aloof detachment within a glacial gaze. "she's gone" it was all she was going to say, even going as far as to move away a few paces before glancing back over her shoulder with hints of hesitation. "it'll be better for everyone in the long run, not only us but her too" before a little nod is given once more and she wanders off. it is true though, hopefully it'd teach her not to do it again before she'd fall into the paws of a less forgiving pack.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The girl takes her leave finally, ending Star's moral battle that takes place within physical battle. The woman who had assisted her had started to go, and coming back upon Star urged the troubled old woman to follow. She can feel her cheeks flush at the thought that she was holding the woman up, with her worries and jumbled thoughts. But the words that are uttered are enough to get her moving. She nods at the woman's statement without a word. She had a point- and besides, Star ought to tell herself the same sort of things. Otherwise she would lose sleep trying to debate with herself over whether what she had done was right. Trying to get her mind off the incident and onto other things, she wanders off too, continuing her round of the borders as if nothing had happened.