Stone Circle We cannot be equal
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Xan was clearly hopeless and wouldn't be able to help her in any way in his current state. Laurel stayed at about a wolf's distance, not touching him, while she waited awkwardly for Valette while he babbled and tried but failed a few times. Even despite his weakened state she could feel her body protest to being close to him. What if it was all a trick? What if he was just playing at something to get to her? What if she would get closer and he'd pounce? Laurel stayed away to stay safe, and she was relieved to see Valette approach from the distance, with some food like she'd asked. Hopefully it was only food that he needed.

At Valette's words, Laurel's ears folded back. She looked away, frowned and then said, her voice defensive and a bit snippy, I don't. A short pause. But I couldn't just let him die here. He needs food, and somewhere to recover. She didn't speak of any of her selfish motives, wanting to keep them away for now. Laurel wondered what Valette thought of Greyback's actions, and how she would think about Laurel's feeling of unsafety around her mate. Would she validate the feelings or would she speak for her mate and tell Laurel off? Laurel was too afraid to find out, and so she didn't mention any of it.

At the question, she rolled her shoulders in a shrug. I don't know. He's been babbling nonesense. If you want my guess, it's a lack of sustenance. She sure wouldn't want to be a wolf without a pack in these times, at least, and she guessed that's what got to him. But she couldn't be sure; maybe Xan himself could shed some light on the situation.
Messages In This Thread
We cannot be equal - by Xan - January 09, 2020, 01:37 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Laurel - January 10, 2020, 04:53 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Xan - January 10, 2020, 11:55 PM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Laurel - January 21, 2020, 05:35 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Xan - January 23, 2020, 12:18 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by RIP Valette - January 27, 2020, 07:49 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Laurel - January 27, 2020, 08:02 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Xan - January 30, 2020, 12:25 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by RIP Valette - February 01, 2020, 07:27 AM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Laurel - February 05, 2020, 03:07 PM
RE: We cannot be equal - by Xan - February 05, 2020, 03:30 PM