Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
'soon?'

having grown so engrossed with her own scattered thoughts, she'd failed to notice the approach of another and upon casting a startled glance in his direction; she didn't know how she hadn't. she found herself momentarily distracted from his opening line as eyes roved freely over his large stature, having never felt quite so dwarfed by a wolf with the same youthful glint to their gaze as she. blinking hastily out of her reverie, she gathered long limbs under her to stand tall as her willowy frame could manage nevertheless, chin tipped upwards despite the budding embarrassment tingling hotly through her body. not only had he came across her talking to herself, she'd completely blanked out- some first impression that was. shaking her head whilst clearing her throat, she cringed inwardly before muttering. "sorry i didn't mean to go all weird you just-a slightly nervous laugh, not quite sure how he'd take this but not being a good enough liar to offer anything but the truth when so on the spot "you're biganother laugh yet inside she was screaming- what the hell was she doing? she wasn't even an awkward wolf she'd just gone and made this into something a lot weirder than it had to be.

in an attempt to redeem herself, she glared off to the side whilst returning back to his initial uttering. "i was just reminding myself of something was all, speaking it aloud made it feel more solidears twitch as she sighs a little, blinking mismatched eyes back towards him. it was at least the truth even if she witheld exactly what she was reminding herself of, it was just that even the idea of explaining her situation with her family made her feel weary and she didn't want to seem like she was fishing for pity from the first wolf she'd met around her age since departing from amethyst keep. her mouth opened somewhat tentatively, about to ask him for his name when a sharp exclamation cut through the lazy silence. ears roved back as her head twisted to follow their lead- eyes widening when they fell on the familiar form of - "clay?

he was here? that shouldn't really come as a surprise, but- but...
unbidden, a memory of piercing ruby eyes flickering from amongst the sneering shadows that roved restlessly amongst tightly packed trees engulfs her. she swallows, forcing back the tremble that so badly wished to dance up her spine: no. she forces a weak smile, long tail flicking restlessly at her hocks. the sheer abruptness of his arrival had caught her off guard and left her at a loss for words whilst a dull sadness spread small roots in her chest. the first time she'd met him things had been so easy, what she'd do now to return to that summer of goofy smiles and untainted innocence. she tears her eyes from his, glancing at the other boy momentarily before blinking off into the distance. if you'd told her the first time she'd met clay that a year from then she'd have gone through everything that she had, she wasn't sure how she would've carried on.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by RIP Polaris - April 09, 2020, 05:34 PM