Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
she sits there, peeved and afflicted yet struggles through the haze of both- fixing somewhat desperately on the boy that remained. when he does speak, a brow quirks with surprise- she's not sure what she'd been expecting, but not that. frowning deeply, she cast a side glance to where clay had run off in case he'd decided to come skulking back but after registering the lingering silence for a few moments, shifted her bicoloured gaze back. she'd presumed since the boy had spat 'nightwalkers' with no context before storming off that he'd made this other character aware of what exactly that meant, but apparently not. rolling her shoulders back, she dropped her look again to study at her paws as she thought about that. she wished she didn't know who the nightwalkers were. when he speaks again, soft words bordering on tentative, she peers back to the reassuring steadiness of his emerald gaze and nods somberly. maybe she shouldn't be so hard on clay, yet it's difficult to hold onto that train of thought when the heat behind his stabbing glare remained so fresh in her mind. he didn't have to take his issues out on her! they all had their problems...she exhales heavily, watching out of the side of her eye as her company moved to settle himself onto the damp earth beside her.

it's oddly easy to fall quite placid listening to the thrum of his voice, and she settles gratefully into it. that is- until ears prick upon catching on that one word- 'brother'. studying him closer, she's not sure how she missed it. sure, stature wise they were quite on the opposite ends of the spectrum but asides from that..they both held similarites to valette and greyback and her stomach twists wistfully, thinking of when her whole family had resided safely within the borders of swiftcurrent. yet she refuses to focus on that, pushing it back hastily and continuing to listen closely to what he said. it's strange to think of clay being described as always having issues, did always include when she'd first met him? he'd seemed so...chipper. a small smile graces her features at the little chuckle to burst free from his figure and she stretches her muscles a little, eyes soft as they rove curiously across him with his final little question. a quick nod, starting over sounded nice- but first. "before we start over, thanks for...uh being nice i guessa quick shrug as she blushed lightly, it sounded cheesy but it felt important to say. kindness went a long way. "to elaborate on clay's...attempted explanation, yea i know him i uh, met him a long time ago when we were a lot younger. he was out with his- your, dad. then i came across him again when i was alone and followed him back to the nightwalkers, they're a really nasty pack to put it lightly. i stayed with them a few months because frankly i didn't know what else to do, i wasn't used to being alone..anyway, i finally got the guts to stop being a coward and leave when vengeance - the leader - attacked me and gave me theseshe gestured as listlessly as she could manage to the scars running along her flank "it was some kind of test or something, anyway i didn't really see clay much once i was there- he kinda disappeared.chewing on her lip, slender shoulders lift in a shrug. "just thought you deserved to know"

quite quickly she stands, hopefully before he can say anything, and hops to stand right before him; eyes brighter as she pushes on from that topic. "anyway! fresh start time so let's not talk anymore on thatthe small smile curling delicately across her muzzle grows more brazen as her head dips in a polite bob and she murmurs liltingly "it's very nice to meet you, i'm polaris and you are...?her head tilts to the side in a quick bird like movement as she watches him. there's something about his colouring that she finds kind of soothing, from his brunette pelt to the shifting green of his gaze- she found herself appreciating his earthiness for lack of a better term and mismatched eyes watched on with curious expectation as she awaited his name.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by RIP Polaris - April 11, 2020, 05:27 PM