Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
she hadn't really focused on his face a whole lot when delivering roughly what had happened with the nightwalkers, too busy putting effort into getting the words out as quickly as possible. it was easier that way to stay detached from what she was recounting as well, she could settle into the flow of the words and refuse to lend them the power to be anything more than just that- words. but if she'd focused too closely on the boy and engaged with any of his possible reactions then what paced restlessly behind each syllable to fall from her mouth would gain new ammunition that she didn't want to have to fight against. so as a result, she wasn't sure exactly what he'd thought of this whole nightwalker deal but was immensely grateful when he didn't probe the subject any longer. her shoulders loosened the moment he began to utter his name and she peered up curiously, little smile never halting its delicate dance across sharp features. "west tyreeshe echoed, eyes glinting in the watery sunlight. "is that...your first and last name orr, do you have two first names?her eyes are openly curious as she regards him, having never heard of a wolf that had been gifted two names unless one was a surname, like tonrar. inwardly she would clutch protectively at the name that linked her to her family, no matter where they were, she'd always have that at least. 

yawning a little, she'd stretch each stiff muscle leisurely; ears tilting to catch what he asked. her head would shake in agreement to his observation, eyes shifting off to gaze unseeingly into the distance. "here as in easthollow right? i'm new and stayingit's stated firmly, as if she's assuring herself as much as him. "i was born in the teekons though, not too far from here actually uh, my birth pack was called swiftcurrent creek but it's...not around anymoreshe shrugs against the sting to accompany the truth behind the statement; yet it was more bearable than usual with the new knowledge that at least some of the former inhabitants that she cared so much for could still be alive. "i'm leaving soon though, but only temporarily..you see...she shifts her body fully now to face him entirely again, eyes more somber as they focus closely on his viridescent gaze. damn she really hated having to spew all these pity parties at him, she didn't want him to see her as something fragile and messed up but how could he not with what she had to follow up the nightwalker briefing with? still, she couldn't really hide it from him especially considering that she'd just had an idea. 

"during the earthquakes and all that, me and my family had to leave our pack because it wasn't safe there but...when we were passing through the mountain there was a massive rock slideher voice hitches very slightly but she pushes on hurriedly "anyway when i woke up i couldn't find or hear anyone so i presumed they were all...dead. that was until just a few days ago when val- your mam met me at the borders and told me that apparently my dad and lainie are alive. i freaked out a bita weak, sheepish laugh is pushed out "thought they were lying to me but i guess it could be true, so valette said i could go look for them after i regained my strength, only thing is...this is where her little idea came in and she glanced down at her paws momentarily, shuffling them through the twisting stems of grass. she didn't want to put him under pressure and she didn't enjoy exposing herself to potential rejection that could make things awkward considering she'd only met him a few minutes ago but...she was desperate. "she wants me to bring someone with me but...i don't really know anyone here" she shrugs, trying to appear noncahalent despite the suggestive hint to her words as she glances up at him a little tentatively.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by RIP Polaris - April 12, 2020, 11:24 AM