Seaside Moors People ought to stick together, that's the way to make a crowd.
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska's fears, her heart, her soul -- all sat precariously on a narrow shelf, awaiting Rosalyn's verdict.

For a time, not Sugar nor Stryx nor Aningan nor Erzulie registered; it was only Rosalyn -- Rosalyn's single eye, her austere face -- only her.

She nearly broke into a soft sob as Rosalyn spoke, agreeing -- and better yet -- offering that subtle nugget that said she did not hate Raleska for what she had done; that Raleska was still family, still welcome despite all that had transpired.

She tried to straighten her spine, to smile to hide the guilt that broke her -- but all she managed was a wearied, relieved aspect. "Thank you." Raleska breathed, realizing now her body had been shaking and her heart was pounding within her ears. "I promise I will help."

She followed obediently after Rosalyn, nudging along her children and carrying where necessary. In the days that came, Raleska would come to learn how truly lucky she was -- and how she owed Rosalyn and Rusalka everything.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: People ought to stick together, that's the way to make a crowd. - by Raleska - July 13, 2020, 07:17 PM