Stone Circle and it's alright, everybody's on their own
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
if there really were 'gods' up there and if they had the ability to spare even a scrap of mercy for their pitiful subjects trapped down here, they'd send a lightning bolt or something of the likes to strike her down right now rather than have to endure this horrifying awkward embarrassment for a second longer. alas, nothing happened and so polaris could declare with the utmost certainty that they in fact were alone upon this earth and that was that. 

teeth assaulted her lip as she glared hard at the ground in the seconds to wriggle languidly between her remorseful spewing and west's response. in reality it was a miniscule space of time and yet in that moment, as she stood there with her heart hammering up in splayed ears and her face stupidly hot and flustered, it felt like a goddamn eternity. a hoarse laugh is forced from a still too tight chest once he says his piece and it's suddenly her turn to pierce the press of quiet and all the possible thoughts that could go on in its presence. of course, as usual, everything he says is so rational and considerate in the face of her dump truck of hasty emotions all squirming and shoving to get a place upon her tongue and assault the ears of those unlucky enough to be in her company. "well.." another shaky laugh riding on that exhale, why is she laughing?? literally nothing funny has happened you dumbass. "pretty glad you don't hate me that would....definitely suck a lot." blinking up to him, so uncharacteristically tentative, she lets lips quirk into a bashful smile "really though, i don't have a right to snap like that when you didn't do anything, i have been busy you're right and gosh...there's so much to tell you i don't even know where to start"

but of course, all that can wait as she glares at the sneering mark upon his figure, antsy in its presence and only able to spare a blink of surprise at his flinch; much too absorbed in her own stirring disdain at who might've done this to put anything together. but before she can so much as grant it a fraction of a thought, he focuses on her gaze's target and she is wholly engrossed only in what he has to say on the matter. a pursed frown when he tries to brush it off as nothing, very ready to argue on that but content to stay quiet only because he pushed on to provide her with answers nevertheless. 

"who the hell are they" she'd mutter, struggling to keep the growl out of her voice as a muscle twitched in her jaw. these random wolves had set up home right beside easthollow and believed they had any right to mess with them? hell they had no right to mess with anyone, especially not the wolves that had resided here for literal generations. and easthollow had gone through so much already! fuck what was wrong with wolves like that, what the hell did they benefit from any of this?? was it like the nightwalkers all over again, except this time on their very doorstep? somehow she both felt chilled to the bone and as if something had struck a match within her at the same time. "dammit..do you think they plan on doing something to easthollow? that woman west she...there was something off with her, did you feel it? even after we caught her she didn't seem scared..in fact when she seen the two of us she seemed excited even though she was outnumbered. wolves like that, they're the most dangerous of all..they thrive on destruction." a huffed sigh as she smacked the dirt with a paw "that makes me so mad that i don't even know how to react angrily about it, does that even make sense?"

yet another sigh, apparently all she was capable of at the moment before eyes softened a fraction and she sought the press of his eyes once more to quietly murmur "i'm just really glad you're okay...i uh, i don't know what i'd do if.....look just don't go getting yourself killed ever, okay?" oh lords, what was that? and this sudden bite back to dumb reality made her suddenly conscience of just how close they were, resulting in a hasty step backwards before leaning speedily back on her haunches in an attempted air of nonchalance. 

smooth.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: and it's alright, everybody's on their own - by RIP Polaris - August 30, 2020, 05:27 PM