Mount Apikuni I went through hell to get to high water
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
somewhere appropriate in the timeline
@Zephyr

Before it got too dark, she wanted some time to hunt, preferably alone. She was still pretty upset with @Taikon, and so wouldn't have said much to him or Zephyr as they made their way from Emberwood and around the smaller set of mountains.

So she set out once they had settled in for the night, intent on begrudgingly finding something the three of them could eat. The mothering instinct was a hard one to ignore. Since she felt most at ease in the mountains, she began to make her way up into the smaller peak, hoping she could find a herd of goats or deer and pick off something weak or injured. 

She had only been climbing for, at most, an hour when she caught the scent of something she had no interest in—a cougar. Her mind flashed to the injured woman, and she wondered if this might be the same one. She stopped and scanned the area, not seeing anything, but she knew that didn't necessarily mean she was alone. Deciding she didn't want to tempt her terrible luck this evening, she turned to make her way down the mountain. She would find food elsewhere. 

But she didn't make it very far before a low, ominous growl sounded from behind her. Taki whirled around to see the cougar perched on a rock just above. It had the advantage, and she immediately went on the defensive. She tensed and backed away slowly, her own warning growl rumbling from her chest. She didn't want to fight this creature, but she knew she might not have a choice. Her foot slipped on a bit of loose rock, and she had to lunge forward to steady herself. This startled the cougar, and it surged forward with a roar and a swipe of it's formidable claws. Taki continued to back up, snarling again in return, continuing the fierce standoff.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 08:11 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 29, 2020, 08:23 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 09:12 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 01:36 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:56 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:18 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:43 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:53 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:59 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 03:06 AM