Noctisardor Bypass it's easy for a slip to turn into a stumble
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Even though an apology fell from his lips, it was clear that it was not genuine. Laurel's expression instantly hardened at his icy response, even though the words themselves had suggested apology. Laurel frowned and she felt guarded. All men were the same, after all, and this proved it. Just a crack in his mask. Who knew what he would do next?

Then he started to play the victim, saying that he was patrolling but he could stop it if she liked anything from him. Get over yourself, Laurel thought icily, and she felt further chilled to the bone by his presence. But at the same time she knew that she couldn't just tell him all that she thought. What if he acted on all of those things (she thought) he said if she did not please him?

Laurel's demeanour seemed to changed considerably after that, her posture crumbling, her façade breaking down into a second façade. She looked away as he introduced himself -- Kiggavik? It wasn't exactly like Sequoia's list, she thought, but maybe she was remembering wrong -- and then she said demurely, I'm Laurel. There was a tremble in her voice that suggested her fear, no matter how hard she tried to hide it.

Then he suggested that he could get her something from a cache or hunt her something fresh. Laurel further stiffened and she thought back to... When I hunted for you, dearest. It was the seal of our love. There was a split second of pure terror shining in Laurel's eyes at the suggestion, but it was only a flash before her gaze hardened again. Another layer of façade slathered across. No, that's okay, she murmured, appearing almost bashfully. To him it must seem as though there were two wolves living in one body. I wouldn't want to bother you further. You can go about your way. Laurel waited demurely for his response. Her heart felt like it would beat out of her chest. Please just leave me alone, don't hurt me, she thought to herself and she hoped that her act was enough to appease him.
Messages In This Thread
it's easy for a slip to turn into a stumble - by Laurel - February 23, 2021, 04:38 AM
RE: it's easy for a slip to turn into a stumble - by Laurel - March 31, 2021, 02:32 AM