Larksong Grotto i see fire
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
your posts are always a joy to read <3

Laurel did not even know that they travelled through her birthplace; it wasn't a place she knew very well, and if asked now, maybe she would even think that it must've been much closer to Silver Creek, or even that it must have been the creek itself. As they travelled she was wary and kept her distance from Mahler — a few wolves' lengths wherever it was possible, edging away should he try to come closer — though by the time they reached the Grotto, she had started to feel a bit more at ease in his company. Never would she let her guard down fully, of course, but she could find herself enjoying the surroundings and even his company and some of his thoughtful musings.

As they approached the Grotto, she could feel his eyes upon her. She understood; she'd asked to be brought here, after all, so it made sense that he should wish to see what effect seeing it again would have on her. She thought of how they'd moved to the Golden Glade. Laurel did not even remember why; she just remembered being taken away from here and being forced to go to war with some other pack because they wanted their land. Hypocritical, perhaps, that she should encourage the war for the Bypass when she had hated the previous one so much; but this wasn't anything that she thought of, herself.

Mostly, Laurel's thoughts shifted towards Indra. There were some uglier thoughts of her wretched father and his witch of a mate, but most of all, all of it was overshadowed by the love that she felt for Indra. Her Indy, for whom her heart had always beat; her only one true love, her sister. Even now, after all this time, Laurel could feel that a part of her heart was missing for good. Through her life, pieces had chipped off — Reek's love for Tapat and Astik, Jhala's attack, Lucas' death, Piper's disappearance, Wyatt's betrayal, Iliksis, and Riley, Louie and Charles — but none of it compared to the gaping hole that Indy's death had left behind.

They'd come here in hopes of being princesses, and what had they gotten instead..? Nothing but shit and pain.

There was a rueful expression on Laurel's face as she looked out into the territory, but her paws kept her moving forward nonetheless. It's just as I remember it, she murmured softly, a pained grimace on her face as she looked at Mahler. Oh, if only it could have been Indra who was with her instead.
Messages In This Thread
i see fire - by Laurel - March 31, 2021, 05:04 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - March 31, 2021, 09:07 AM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 02, 2021, 06:25 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 02, 2021, 10:41 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 07, 2021, 08:32 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 10, 2021, 11:31 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 14, 2021, 02:09 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 15, 2021, 04:55 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 16, 2021, 08:34 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 18, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 23, 2021, 02:14 AM