Larksong Grotto i see fire
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel took his words at face value, taking them to mean no more than what he actually said. She didn't need his pity — this all happened so long ago, and now mostly the memories of a childhood with Indra were left, over the bad memories of Reek and his replacement family — and found herself harden a little, even though the words sounded well-meant. This place echoed with the truth of life: the truth that it had always been her and Indra. This was where Reek brought them, after ripping them away from Silver Creek. This was where Saena had come to reclaim them, only to win over Reek. This was where Laurel had last spoken to her mother. She didn't remember the exact words, but she remembered the feeling so well. The feeling of revenge, malicious revenge, that she wanted to make her mother feel bad because she'd left them. Reek had reveled in it, but it hadn't made a difference when Tapat and Astik had come along.

The birdsong felt distant to her as she walked around, seeing very little of the surroundings at all. Lost in thought.

Hm? she snapped back to the present grotto when he asked her to tell about Indra. He said that he had been born alone and that he had always wished for a brother. Laurel said, She was always there for me, and I for her. We were all we had, when other wolves turned their backs on us. A fragile admission that she had not done often; a telling sign that she did not truly trust any other wolf because of what had happened in her life.

I lead us — away from home to come here, Well, upon Reek's invitation; but it had been she who had made the choice and convinced the hesitant Indra. In every adventure. She was gone, one day, just like that, and I eventually found her again. We were leaders for some time, in — She thought of the tainted place Bearclaw Valley was, now. — Bearclaw Valley. Years ago. Before... Laurel swallowed thickly as she thought of Merrick and his band defiling the place that they had once called home. Then, a bit more about Indra herself: Indra is the sweetest soul that was ever alive. She was caring, gentle, always ready to help others. An angel.

Eventually she looked away and said in a soft whisper, She was viciously murdered. A part of Laurel wished that she had never figured out who had done it; that she could presume it was some creature that she did not know. Not one of her own family; one that she should've murdered when he first saw light.
Messages In This Thread
i see fire - by Laurel - March 31, 2021, 05:04 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - March 31, 2021, 09:07 AM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 02, 2021, 06:25 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 02, 2021, 10:41 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 07, 2021, 08:32 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 10, 2021, 11:31 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 14, 2021, 02:09 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 15, 2021, 04:55 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 16, 2021, 08:34 AM
RE: i see fire - by Mahler - April 18, 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: i see fire - by Laurel - April 23, 2021, 02:14 AM