Noctisardor Bypass tell me lies, tell me painted truths
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: mention of blood, vomit, violence, references to sexual violence

i can make it a RO if nobody joins to find her. :) set somewhere in the days after the raid.

It was not until the next day that Laurel awoke at last. The stench of blood and vomit was heavy in the air. She could barely move from the pain in her shoulder. Laurel wasn't sure if it was the pain that awoke her, or if it was the pain that tried to keep her suspended. Yet once she opened her eyes, she could not drift back into unconsciousness.

Thoughts were swirling way before Laurel managed to move her body. She looked around but found no trace of @Indra III. Baby? Her words echoed through the empty cave. A trail of blood lead back from where she had come from. The vomit was maybe a wolf's length away. The worst of its stench had gone by now. Sweetheart? Nothing but her own voice met her, and Laurel struggled against tears from the pain — both the physical and emotional.

You weren't strong enough.
The familiar voice.
Or maybe I just did not want you to murder him, too, dearest. Maybe I wanted to keep your mind all to myself.

Laurel choked out a sob as her thoughts drifted to @Abel Redleaf. She hadn't seen him the entire attack. Had he gotten away safely? Was she right to have heard his voice, in the midst of it all, as she and Indra ran? She had told herself that it wasn't true at the time, because she knew that turning back would drive them right into Merrick's jaws. But now... Abel had never been as loved as Indra, but as she lay there, Laurel wished that she'd been a better mother to him. She wished that she loved him the same way.

And she loathed to think that he had lead Merrick to her and Indra. She could not believe that; but what if it was true?

Then maybe he is better off taken, anyway, isn't he, dearest? To be the cause of taking away your precious sweet little Indra? Laurel grit her teeth. Maybe he did it on purpose. Maybe he hoped that Merrick would wrench Indra from your chest so he could be your favourite. NO! HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT! The loud roar echoed through the caves, but even Laurel had to admit that it was perhaps so loud because she was afraid that it might be true.

What if Abel had purposefully lead them to her?

What if he was taking revenge for Indra always being the favourite child?

What if he would tell her that he had lead Merrick to them, if he would admit it? Could she ever forgive him?

And what of @Mahler? Was he alright? Just like with Abel, Laurel worried for him at first. He was her friend in some way at least, and he had stuck up for her and Indra, given them a route out. It hadn't mattered in the end, though. He had caught them all the same.

Then, darker thoughts spilled forward. Didn't you tell him about the threat of Merrick, dearest? Didn't you tell him this when Rivenwood was strong with many warriors at its disposal? Didn't you say that they would come and hurt our children? Laurel tried to get up, but her shoulder wouldn't budge; the pain was too overwhelming. She choked out another sob as she admitted softly, under her breath, I told him. I told him they would come. I said that Merrick would hurt our children. And he said... Her words broke up from another choked sob that forced its way out through her chest and sent a shudder of pain through her entire body.

He promised that he would protect you. He promised that he would protect them.

Tears flowed more freely as Laurel thought of her children and of Mahler, thoughts painted with worry and agony. I'm the only one you can truly depend on, dearest. It was true. Laurel hated to admit it, but he was right. Everyone else seemed intent on breaking her apart, piece by piece.

The borders between physical and mental pain were blurred, and truth and fiction were hard to tell apart. Perhaps because when it came to feelings, there was no such thing as truth.

But don't worry, dearest.

I will help you get them back. I will help you be strong again. I will help you polish your claws so you can tear out his heart.

There is just one thing I need first.

Eyes widened.

I need you to finally tell me the truth. No more lies.

Never, she murmured into the cold floor of the cave, but it was clear from her wavering, shaking voice that she knew that she had no choice.

Tell me that you love me, my dearest, and that you are mine forever.
Messages In This Thread
tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Laurel - January 28, 2022, 07:38 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Sequoia - January 28, 2022, 08:57 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Mahler - January 29, 2022, 12:12 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Laurel - January 29, 2022, 04:06 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Sequoia - January 29, 2022, 08:38 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Mahler - January 30, 2022, 11:49 PM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Sequoia - January 31, 2022, 07:22 PM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Laurel - February 01, 2022, 05:05 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Mahler - February 02, 2022, 11:11 PM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Sequoia - February 03, 2022, 01:04 PM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Laurel - February 04, 2022, 10:16 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Mahler - February 06, 2022, 12:02 PM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Sequoia - February 08, 2022, 08:59 PM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Laurel - February 09, 2022, 10:41 AM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Mahler - February 10, 2022, 08:46 PM
RE: tell me lies, tell me painted truths - by Laurel - February 22, 2022, 07:55 AM