Redtail Rise you did not order invisible pie, you hate invisible pie
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Yes, he thought. Eventually, he should be able to visit his nieces and nephews. He had placed his trust in Avicus by bringing Arielle here — he tried not to think much about the others, none of whom remained — but it was a tentative trust. He suspected his sister's trust in him was similar. Surely neither of them wished to test the volatility of the situation by approaching the other's pups too early.

They were all pack, though. There would come a time where they would all have to meet, and hopefully get along.

He was pulled from his thoughts by Arielle's question. Had she not been around for the challenge? He couldn't recall; he had been injured the first time he met Arielle, but perhaps she had arrived in the days following. We were a team once, but we had a misunderstanding. I believed she wanted me dead after Nyra's attack, and our relationship splintered. She did not take kindly to Merrick elevating me. She challenged me and we fought. I won. She left. I do not know if I would be alive today if I had lost.

It felt like a hundred years ago, and it felt like it had happened just this morning at the same time. When our mother was killed, we reconciled, but these things take time. I do not believe Avicus means any harm for me or you or... them... I would not bring you here otherwise. But I do not want to put a foot wrong by becoming too familiar too soon.

There would be time for meeting later, for feeling out his relationship with Avicus, and hopefully, for growing into an integral part of the Rise. Now he asked after Arielle's siblings and her relationship with them, unwittingly planting the seed that would blossom into her desire to search for Lilitu once their cubs were born and independent enough for her to leave for a time.
Messages In This Thread