Northstar Vale aranea
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Germanicus answered the only way that he could – with empty words.

He had already broken the trust between them. The things he said, the indignance that stirred beneath the Roman’s stony face, they were empty. Arsenio could take him at his word and apologize for taking his leave from the Pharaoh and the Pharaoh’s pawn’s little games. He could say that he had been mistaken and work to repair the bond that had broken between himself and Germanicus.

But the Roman had lied once, twice, more times than the Arche could count.

Germanicus spoke with words tinged in warning. Remember that I allowed you to settle the vale, was the true message behind what he said. As if Arsenio could not have taken his wife and claimed some other peaceful little hollow in some other mountain. As if Germanicus had been a gracious and benevolent ruler, instead of a man who flipped and flopped to latch onto whatever would give him the least grief.

You are not an enemy, yet, Roman.

Arsenio blinked coldly.

But you are a fool, if you think that my words are unfounded.

The redstone wolf smiled smarmily. He lifted his head high above the Imperator’s. This was Epoch – this was his land.

I cannot trust you. You broke that. You, with your higher thinking and tactical plans… leaving others to wonder about the things you promised and if you ever intended to fulfill your word.

Ah, but it was all in the spirit of the greater good, wasn’t it? That seemed to be what Germanicus was suggesting. Perhaps the Pharaoh’s ego had rubbed off on the Roman.

And now you wish to change Mereo. Only now… that your most trusted soldiers and peons are finding their children fleeing from the great good that you brought to them.

Arsenio snorted.

I think Epoch will do well without Mereo’s kindness. We will be better off.

If it was not the Pharaoh, it would be another, and another. Unless Akashingo was wiped away and removed from their lands, Germanicus would play pawn to every ruler who sat on the throne. And Arsenio wanted nothing more to do with their careless games.
Messages In This Thread
aranea - by Germanicus - January 10, 2023, 05:28 PM
RE: aranea - by Arsenio - January 11, 2023, 01:55 PM
RE: aranea - by Germanicus - January 11, 2023, 05:40 PM
RE: aranea - by Arsenio - January 11, 2023, 06:55 PM
RE: aranea - by Germanicus - January 11, 2023, 07:14 PM
RE: aranea - by Arsenio - January 11, 2023, 07:30 PM
RE: aranea - by Germanicus - January 11, 2023, 07:44 PM
RE: aranea - by Arsenio - January 11, 2023, 08:00 PM
RE: aranea - by Germanicus - January 11, 2023, 08:21 PM
RE: aranea - by Arsenio - January 11, 2023, 08:31 PM
RE: aranea - by Germanicus - January 11, 2023, 08:34 PM