Sea Lion Shores the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
214 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She wasn't sure where she was headed or what her plan even was.
Away. She needed to get away from the man, away from Ava, daddy's harsh yelling, away—
Heart in her throat, her gangly limbs take her eastward; east, yes; east was fine, it would do. The din of her family's voices — Ava's wailing, the shouts of her name, the nameless blond man trying to diffuse — all of it became ever distant. Into the reeds, the pockets of tallgrass she found herself crouching in. And then, she sees her chance; a stack of large boulders, a neat, dark crevice in the middle!
There, she would hide. Thin little body now scrambling as the rocks teeter and shudder, paws digging at the packed sand beneath; all until she felt she was sufficiently protected, ears bent back and tears ravaging eyes of sapphire as they silently burn against her cheeks.
She clasps her paws over her face, swallows the whimpers. For one of very few times in her life up until now, she felt afraid. What would Daddy do if he found her? Why did she run in the first place? She didn't even know what she would say if he asked her. And most importantly, what was she going to do now?
Messages In This Thread
RE: the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader - by Dinah - August 20, 2023, 12:58 PM