Foggy Bottom Way ratero
Qeya River
Vice*
836 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

last for silver here mostly bc im EMOTIONAL <333

a low, pained grunt sounded in silvertongue's throat. she thought — oh; and sagged against the stranger who had called for others, who spoke in a voice vaguely familiar with a vinegar taste; but she could not connect arsenio to anything now, not even his name. slitted glassblue glowered at akavir, softened for wren; she blinked several times and finally pushed figure back onto her own legs; "my name is ruined," silvertongue said in a voice tremorous with multi-shattered pride; "every time i have tried to be something — more — these things, they follow me. i should have said nothing," and that, that she meant, no matter; no matter; "now this thing has hurt crowfeather, this thing i tried to hide, and did, for so long. i have no regrets in hiding what i was and where i came from. my regret, only, is that the ones i loved had to discover it." to akavir, finally, a relented look. "yes, i love you, foolish man. the day you came to tell me you knew was the same you — i — well. it was ended. and i know you have another. go, because this cannot be while you know." gulps of air, for tears again had come, and now silvertongue looked to wren, into the face much-beloved; "it is your pain i do regret most, querida," the sharpfang admitted in a yearning voice. "that day, i was ready to give us up for him, and you will know how unfair that is to you, and to the love i bear you. and now see what i have done," tears streaming as silvertongue swept her eyes from wren's expression to the blood seeping from akavir's face. "i am not meant to love! it was taken from me. yes. i will leave with her, even though we do not know one another." a sobbing slipped; "i would rather that than for anyone else to know my shame. i want a hundred strangers and faceless enemies before i am robbed again of what little esteem i still possess, even after all this. unless you had lived it," silvertongue cried, "you would not understand. now, go! yes, i want you to go! i want them to go, in peace," she stressed to the unknown woman, and now she sank to the sand and fell into a stupor once more, quieting until all her movement was reduced to the abiding breath.
Messages In This Thread
ratero - by Silvertongue - September 07, 2023, 06:39 PM
RE: ratero - by Andromache - September 07, 2023, 09:12 PM
RE: ratero - by Akavir - September 08, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: ratero - by Silvertongue - September 08, 2023, 04:31 PM
RE: ratero - by Wren - September 08, 2023, 04:53 PM
RE: ratero - by Andromache - September 08, 2023, 04:41 PM
RE: ratero - by Akavir - September 08, 2023, 05:20 PM
RE: ratero - by Silvertongue - September 08, 2023, 05:40 PM
RE: ratero - by Andromache - September 08, 2023, 05:49 PM
RE: ratero - by Euryalos - September 08, 2023, 06:05 PM
RE: ratero - by Nikolaos - September 08, 2023, 06:09 PM