Ouroboros Spine In from the snow
Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
588 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Ariadne nods in agreement at Aiolos’s sentiment. It is hard to deny my heart what it wants—even if it has not been long. I have spent much time with Kaluktuk, and I know he is the other half of my heart. Their romance had been a whirlwind, a full-on rainstorm of passion, romance, laughter, and joy. She wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Finally–a bride price was named: prey of the water: the sea, lake, river, and swamp. Ariadne’s optimism is renewed momentarily, and she glances at Kaluktuk happily. I am certain that he will get those to you, taataa, she said, turning to her father with a smile and understanding his suspicion about the timing. Thank you, she breathed, finally feeling heard by one of her parents. She looked at him and only him, unable to look at anaa now.

Kivaluk, who she hadn’t realized was lingering, interjected, and then, like a coward, left and allowed the rest of the hidden feelings to unfurl. She stood there, taking the lashings of her mother’s tongue, feeling sick to her stomach, feeling remorse for her intended. Although there was so much she wished to say, she couldn’t bring herself to do it; too much rode on this; they’d gotten their bride price and were free to go on their way. But, she knew that Kaluktuk couldn’t go without talking to that brat he called a son; her respect for him was gone. She could understand being hurt. Still, she could not understand dropping a bomb on a meaningful conversation and then leaving! It was completely disrespectful! She seethed at this, bubbling under the surface; her body grew rigid, her eyes hot with tears.

Kaluktuk will prove you all wrong, she said, voice uncharacteristically hard, stifling a shuddered breath as she tried to keep herself composed. Then, to Kaluktuk, softer, Go to him if you must, pikpaksiruk. She turns to her family next, no longer feeling like she belongs, and offers, It was ... nice to see your faces. It has been nice, she lies.
Messages In This Thread
In from the snow - by Kigipigak - December 06, 2023, 05:22 PM
RE: In from the snow - by Kukutux - December 06, 2023, 05:48 PM
RE: In from the snow - by Ariadne - December 06, 2023, 06:15 PM
RE: In from the snow - by Aiolos - December 08, 2023, 11:15 AM
RE: In from the snow - by Vairë - December 08, 2023, 11:38 AM
RE: In from the snow - by Kigipigak - December 08, 2023, 02:07 PM
RE: In from the snow - by Kukutux - December 08, 2023, 02:24 PM
RE: In from the snow - by Ariadne - December 08, 2023, 03:15 PM
RE: In from the snow - by Aiolos - December 09, 2023, 12:05 AM
RE: In from the snow - by Kigipigak - December 09, 2023, 02:38 AM
RE: In from the snow - by Kivaluk - December 09, 2023, 06:10 AM