Noctisardor Bypass Life, Death, Religion, Survival
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
677 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Where was this coming from?

Druid blamed him for the state of Rivenwood Blamed. Not praised, not thanked.

What had she done except get fat and sick, and then require Glaukos to not only feed her, but her sister, her nieces? To find her a medic who was capable and willing? And all of this he did out of loyalty to her and the sense that, as the father of her children, it was his duty?

It struck Glaukos in that instant, as he looked upon Druid's contorted face and listened to her repeatedly demand he go—this had been her plan all along.

Find a man, fuck him, use him, and cast him out. It didn't matter what he had done to keep Rivenwood safe, to keep her alive; she wasn't happy about any of it. Nothing was good enough.

As infuriating as it was to have his rules ignored, his work belittled, and to be faced with individual after individual who flat-out disagreed with his position, having this come from Druid cemented something deep in Glaukos' already darkened heart.

Then, before he could do much of anything beyond process, Druid was leaping at him. His training kicked in, his instinct to deflect and protect himself was immediate, so when her teeth came for his throat he did what came naturally: backed up a step, made sure to pivot, and then slammed in to Druid with his shoulder so that she would be forced off-balance (or at the very least deflected, winded).

After everything I have done for you, this is the thanks I get? His voice was emotionless, and so cold it was as if time had reversed, bringing the full breadth if winter descending between them.

He was braced for more abuse from her. His shoulders and sides heaving, his face split by a grimace of teeth to warn her back; as unstable as everyone thought he was, this guard dog only went as far as necessary.

You're alive because of me. Our kids are alive because of me. All I've done is keep you safe, fed, and as healthy as I can. The fuck is wrong with you?

Glaukos stood at his full and towering height; a grimace of menacing teeth, eyes empty of emotion, body rigid and spiking with the adrenaline of this attack—but above all there was a deep and obvious hurt which he could not hold back.
Messages In This Thread
Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Glaukos - April 04, 2024, 01:15 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Druid - April 04, 2024, 01:32 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Glaukos - April 04, 2024, 01:48 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Heda - April 04, 2024, 02:04 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Druid - April 04, 2024, 02:08 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Fiona - April 04, 2024, 04:12 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Glaukos - April 04, 2024, 05:04 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Druid - April 04, 2024, 06:03 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Fiona - April 04, 2024, 08:29 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Glaukos - April 04, 2024, 09:17 PM
RE: Life, Death, Religion, Survival - by Druid - April 04, 2024, 09:46 PM