Two Eyes Cenote parodia
Muat-riya
Mazoi
30 Posts
Ooc — orion
All Welcome 
tags for ref, no obligation to join <3 set for tomorrow morning

As the feast came to a close, Kheti slipped from the gilded room with vague excuses of fatigue and bloating. What was supposed to be a joyous day had ended on a rather sour note for the fellahin. Did his sister really deserve all that praise? 

Of course she did, the boy chastised himself, she had become a mazoi! But what had she really done? Surely, it was nothing that Kheti couldn't also do?

As the hours passed and sleep evaded him, he rose early to the halls still a darkened shade of blue. Perhaps it would do him good to stretch his legs. He soon resumed his contemplations from the night prior, too lost in thought to realise that his roaming had brought him to the door of @Safiya's chambers. There lay a collection of objects - funny smelling plants and a reddish powder embellished with a pair of feathers - wrapped in a bow by the scent of the strange fellahin @Machiavelli.

His thoughts sunk deeper into the Duat, jealousy and insecurity intertwining as sharp teeth began to tear apart the gifts in a blind rage.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
There is always unintended consequences
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Safiya was woken by a strange noise. And where most children would have stayed hidden or called. She was not built this way. 

She greeted whoever was in her chamber with a snarl and a growl. Eyes peering into the gloom.

Eyes blown wide at who it was. Kheti!

She jumped at him aiming for his side. She didn't want to hurt him just get him away from her stuff.

That's from beastie!! she screeched in rage
Muat-riya
Mazoi
30 Posts
Ooc — orion
Something within the darkness growled. A red ear flicked and he paused, the fur along his spine beginning to prickle in unease. What if Machiavelli was still lurking? He'd heard the rumours; that man spelled nothing but trouble for the palace. Quite frankly, what in Ra's name was he doing leaving gifts for his sister?

Kheti spun to face the shadows, expecting the fellahin to emerge at any moment. But the blurred shape that followed the call of his name was anything but.

"Saf-?!" he yelled in surprise as the mazoi collided with his shoulder, tipping his balance and sending him stumbling back until he felt his hip grate painfully against the sharp wall of the tunnel. "Stop! Safiya - ow," and then it dawned on him what she had just said.

"Beastie? Is that what you call him?" Kheti snarled, chest heaving. Despite her small size, Safiya had managed to knock the wind right out of him. "Don't tell me - are you two friends?" Tell me it's not true. 
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Safiya backed up. Sides heaving. A glare fixed on her face. Why did you do that Kheti! Those were for me. That wasn't nice.

She growled again. Her eyes glittering dangerously. She hated nothing more than unfairness and her brother had broken things that were precious to her because of ugly emotions.

Of course we are friends! He's nice to me. He treats me kindly and everyone is so mean to him and no one has even bothered ot get to know him. He was wrongly accused you know!

She shuddered in irritation.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
76 Posts
Ooc — bon
maximum chaos.. im sorry for how mean this is

the ruckus of the squabble leads the girl trotting over, and getting a look at the gifts, the flowers strewn about. having listened in, tiye picks up a slightly less tattered flower and strings it within a corner of her ear.
yknow 'fiya, you're a pretty lousy guard if the prisoners can bribe you. is the girl's first words.

he could just be nice to you because he wants to get out of prison. tiye gives a passing glance towards her reflection in a pool, feigning dissatifaction with the decoration before tossing it off of her.
next, she yanks a feather and puts it on an ear. your beastie has terrible taste too! she titters, looking at her reflection again. she prepares to reach for the powder, ready to toss it into the pool.
[Image: tiye-itty.png]
 music will tie what's left of me
Muat-riya
Mazoi
30 Posts
Ooc — orion
oh lawd she's come(ing)

He watched through narrowed eyes as she retreated. "It's not like you'll be needing them anyway. Now that you're a mazoi," he all but spat the word out. "Besides, aren't they more Tiye's speed anyway?" Speak of the devil, the fellahin's arrival is met by a swoop of his stomach - and Kheti immediately moves to stand between both sisters. The last time feathers had been involved, it had ended in bloodshed

Okay, perhaps that was a little dramatic, but the point still stood! In another life, he would have liked to play dress up with Tiye and paint pretty patterns on each others cheeks. Instead he was stuck diffusing another ticking time bomb. 

That being said, he found himself agreeing with much of Tiye's ramblings. "She's right, you know," Kheti fixed Safiya with a hard stare. "There's a reason people dislike him. How can you even be sure of his intentions?" How could she even call herself a mazoi while fraternising with the very people they should be protecting the palace against? Wrongly accused or not, Khusobek had not guarded his cell for nothing! That begged another question; "does father know of your... relationship?" Whatever it was, it was not friendship in his eyes.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm not ugly hearted like the two of you. That was all she had to say about it, no longer was she taking this. 

The growl that left Safiya was more savage and harder than she had ever done. Lips wrinkled over lips and sea green eyes narrowed. Laser focus on Tiye. Kheti moved to get in her way and she wasn't having it. She was done with words. 

She dug her paws into the dirt, hard and strong rock and sand. And she leapt. She would collide with Kheti if he didn't move his ass, she was aiming straight for Tiye's ugly little wrinkled face. She was so tired of her siblings being ugly on the inside there was no reason.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
76 Posts
Ooc — bon
of course i'm right! she yips towards kheti before her violet eyes finally meet safiya for the first time since the celebration. pretty hearts don't protect the palace. whats so pretty about you anyways if you couldn't be a fellahin. she sneered, but as soon as safiya dug her heels into the dirt, the girl tosses the bag containing the powder aimlessly before breaking into a sprint. theres a slight tittering as she runs, and the feather she stole didn't stand a chance — floating onto the floor before being trampled by tiye's flurry to escape her raging sister. 

seriously? you're picking scum over family? over your kingdom? she crouches behind kheti. thats what you do as mazoi? snakes have more shame than you!
but this is more than the prisoner, despite tiye's laughter. this is a lesson. this is revenge.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
hopping in for more drama lol
If you would prefer me delete this just let me know, no worries <3

As the distant clang of combat echoed through the halls, Machiavelli’s ears pricked in alarm. Instinct surged within him, and without hesitation, he spun on his heel, rushing back toward Safiya’s chamber. Uglyhearted came Safiya's voice, scum came another.

His pulse quickened, a cold fury glinting in his shattered-glass eyes as he skidded to a halt before the scene. What had once been a room of hopeful celebrations now lay ravaged, the air thick with tension. The promise of joy had shattered, replaced by the reckless energy of a battlefield, and at its center stood Safiya—her small frame rigid with rage, like a spark ready to ignite the whole world.

In a fluid motion, his paws, splayed wide from his headlong dash, found their target. With a careful yet firm grasp, he reached for Safiya by the scruff, attempting to pull her away from the fray. Safiya! his voice was low but commanding, an attempt to cut through the storm of her emotions. Safiya, he repeated, softer this time, a note of pleading woven into the calmness of his tone.

He sought her eyes, his gaze steady and imploring as he tried to ground her. They're just things, the dog assured, things can be replaced. He turned his gaze to the other two, ears pinning. Do not lower yourself to meet children who do not know how to behave any better than gutter rats, he stated coldly, you are better than that, Mazoi.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Muat-riya
Mazoi
30 Posts
Ooc — orion
The boy stared daggers at Safiya. If only she would explain, provide some tangible reason for her actions instead of ignoring his questions completely, then maybe this could all be resolved with a hug or something? But that was never the case with these two; it never had and never would be. Kheti was keenly aware that his sister's gaze lay past him to Tiye - if he didn't do something now, it would soon be too late. 

"She didn't mean it," he pleaded, for as much as he loved his sister, she had a tendency to go too far. "Saf - if you want something to be mad about - be mad at me!" Yet already the pretty feathers lay strewn and trampled in the dirt.

Snakes have more shame than you! 

Tick. tick. tick.

Tiye lit the fuse with her venom, and just like that, the bomb exploded. A bag burst nearby, coating the floor in sickly red as Kheti braced for an impact that never came. Instead, he could only watch in horror as the fellahin Machiavelli burst onto the scene and made for Safiya. A strangled screech echoed through the halls as the boy leapt clumsily for the conniving dog. "GET OFF HER YOU PIG!" In his fear-fuelled attack, he failed to see anything but Machiavelli's terrible, terrible teeth.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Safiya felt a tightening in her chest. A red deep searing rage. She hated Tiye so much in that moment and she watched in horror as Tiye just stepped all over her beautiful beautiful things. Such an ugly hearted thing to do. She was so angry and then Machi was there. Trying to calm everyone down and Kheti had to open his mouth.

SHUT UP KHETI! SHe leapt in the way. Hopefully colliding with Kheti. Keeping him away from Machi.

She gritted her teeth and she loomed over them both. Do you know why i spend my time with other wolves that aren't you, because they aren't hateful and jealous and mean. They don't take joy in tearing other wolves down. They don't enjoy destroying beautiful things because they didn't get them with their terrible horrible dark ugly hearts. YOu make me sick. You are terrible terrible wolves. You are mean and hateful and angry and you suck all the good out of every single thing. LEAVE GET OUT.

Her voice gave way to a sadder deeper emotion. Her last words. I would have been happy for you two. you know.

Then she would reach with shaky paws to clean up the items that Tiye broke if they would just leave.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
76 Posts
Ooc — bon
someone storms in, tiye looked at him with curiosity and suspicion all the same until realizing exactly who this was — the "beastie" that gave safiya this stuff in the first place. and when his eyes met her, tiye didn't bury any hint of contempt as he insults her.

you're one to talk. i'm telling baba or getting the guards. unsure of whether she was speaking towards machi or safiya, tiye clicks her tongue before trotting away from the scene, tail and chin held high.
you know.. real guards, who do their jobs. instead of playing with snakes.

but she halts. i would've been happy for you. tiye scowls, anger twisting her visage. but nothing comes out when she parts her lips. only a ghost of a breath. she swallows her rebuke and retreats from the scene, tail low to the floor.
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Exit Machi! Ty <3
Blood mention!

Machiavelli was painfully aware of the hypocrisy in his actions. He, too, was no stranger to the searing sting of bloodlust, and in any other situation, he might have found himself enjoying the chaos, content to sit back and observe. But this wasn’t just any quarrel—Safiya, the amusing little Mazoi he had come to care for, stood at the center of the storm. That changed everything. He had to diffuse the situation before it spiraled beyond repair.

For a fleeting moment, he thought he might succeed, that perhaps reason might prevail. That was until Safiya's gaze broke from his with a roar, and the piebald half-breed was shoved to the side, head smacking against the rough limestone wall. In reality, it was only a graze across the dog's brow, but that was all that was needed for the face to bleed as though it had been gouged.

He squeezed his eye shut against the sting, feeling the heat rise within him, a growl rumbling low in his throat, threatening to escape. But he swallowed it down, suppressing the urge for retaliation. He knew all too well that one misstep, one wrong move, would land him back in the palace's prison, no matter the provocation. So he stayed where he was, on the cold floor, the sharp edge of his shattered-glass gaze fixed on the two whelps as they squared off, his jaw clenched tight.

Only when the room emptied of the hostile energy did he rise, slowly, his paws trembling. Blood still trickled down the side of his face, but he paid it no mind. His focus was on Safiya.

I’m... Machiavelli began, voice hoarse from holding back the anger surging within him. He paused, taking a breath, forcing calm into his tone. I'm going to find the Hebsut and your father, alright? I'll be back.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Muat-riya
Mazoi
30 Posts
Ooc — orion
sorry for the delay I was procrastinating this reply. exit kheti!

Like a notched arrow let loose from its bow, Safiya's lunge was hard and true and for the second time that night, Kheti felt his flank collide with stone. "Don't tell me-" he grunted in pain, teeth bared, "don't tell me to shut up." From his new position on the ground, he caught sight of the bristling fellahin until Safiya's shadow moved to block his view.

An ugly, metallic scent hung in the hot air of the tunnel, one that the young boy recognised quickly as blood. Through the ringing of his ears, he was distantly aware of Safiya's berating words though he was unable to discern exactly what she was saying. Come on, Kheti, pull yourself together! The Sun God's fury sparked in the violet of his eyes. If he was to be a mazoi, he could no fear the very thing he was trained to draw. Get up!

And yet he could not. Defeated, his head bowed low betwixt his forelegs as Safiya's barrage continued. He could do nothing but cower; think nothing but shame for his selfish actions. And yet in the back of his mind, he knew he was right. As Tiye moves to leave, Kheti follows her limply, mind numb to everything but his sister's scalding words.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
142 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Her siblings were gone and Safiya settled to her haunches. She pulled her items gently to herself. They were ruined. She held them there red paws on red sand. Sea green eyes on the carnage. A bitter taste in her mouth.

She wouldn't cry. But she dearly wanted too. She'd have been happy for her siblings. Sure it would have hurt if they were given accolades and gifts and not her. But if they deserved them?
 She would have never destroyed them. And Beastie was right they were just items. But they were hers. And they had broken them, for what? Because they didn't.

If they had asked. There was more than enough makeup for Tiye to use and the plants could have been put in gardens and She'd have shared her feathers.

No worries. This one was rough emotionally for all around <3 and Fiya was overly mean